Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
These things do tend to be cyclical, so one day the rags may have the upper hand again. I hope it's after I'm dead, and looking at custis' age/weight I suspect he may also be wormfood by the time his hopes are realised.

MOTD got it right mind and showed how Walker bossed him.

This headine from the Mail made me puke. Wilfried Zaha gave Pep Guardiola his biggest fright of the season... he had the better of Manchester City's defence from first whistle to last

Consider the source ... on NBC-SN, Neil Ashton of the Mail said some crock like "Kevin DeBruyne seems to be some sort of protected species - you can't go near him these days". With that kind of attitude, no overseas players will want to play in the PL, and it will become akin to a Sunday afternoon brawl in mud or worse still, like watching the England national team. Fortunately, the majority of the media has struck the right tone, so this maybe this is a turning point.

Nearly worked though for the full 3 points but the major difference in that game was the referee.

Not really - Moss was abominable, but don't see how you can say he affected the result (given Ederson's penalty save). Unlike previous games where our finishing has been a bit off, yesterday, we simply didn't create enough and looked untidy on the ball. Totally understandable IMO - the players are not robots and after 18 wins, there was going to be an off day. The creditable thing is aside from Townsend's chance, they really didn't have a sniff - we were solid. And with Stones coming back, that's grounds for optimism going to Anfield.

Consider the source ... on NBC-SN, Neil Ashton of the Mail said some crock like "Kevin DeBruyne seems to be some sort of protected species - you can't go near him these days". With that kind of attitude, no overseas players will want to play in the PL, and it will become akin to a Sunday afternoon brawl in mud or worse still, like watching the England national team. Fortunately, the majority of the media has struck the right tone, so this maybe this is a turning point.

Ashton works for the Sun now, has done for at least a year.

That is a comment for the sheep though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.