Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nixon story = nil pts

Maguire is also under the same management agency as Pickford, Triple S, not sure what the S stands for (: - I'd say it's the usual 'throw citys name in the ring' stance

No way near the standard required either..

This is precisely my view on these type of signings. They're a huge gamble and the likes of Bayern don't make these signings. If you want to win all the big trophies, you sign world class players. Not players of Maguire's level.

you can't just buy world class players all the time. if we only did that, we may as well just bid for kroos, messi, players like that.... pep wants to buy players he can develop into potential top class players. stones wasn't world class when we bought him. you dont know what maguires level is yet either - hes still young and still developing.

pep wants to buy players he can develop into potential top class players.
So many don't understand this aspect of Pep, I think there is a possibility of doing just that with Maguire, and he's young enough, many central defenders don't peak until they're nearly 30, its a lot of money but better value than Evans, and a better defender.

you can't just buy world class players all the time. if we only did that, we may as well just bid for kroos, messi, players like that.... pep wants to buy players he can develop into potential top class players. stones wasn't world class when we bought him. you dont know what maguires level is yet either - hes still young and still developing.

Add to that the best teams have always been a mix of world class, team players and grafters.

Real tried buying a team of world class only with the galacticos which failed as Pep outclassed them with a mix of world class, players brought through and old heads like Puyol. It's about balance and coaching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.