More trams

As I've said before, there is a third centre rail before the ETIHAD stop on the slope between ASDA and AT Way for this very purpose, (You can see it on google street view map), I have seen Trams waiting there after the match a few seasons ago but it doesn't seem to be used as much now. I'm sure there must be enough room to stack at least 2 doubles there. They may still use it but as I leave after the final whistle there never seems to be any there nowadays. Maybe the early leavers use them if its still in being used.

matey its use all week with the trams just going to the etihad campus and then turns round and goes to eccles or altrincham
football specials should be used on match days even if they have to use some of the old gray blue trams just get them on and working again

If you aren’t in a hurry then a pint in a nearby pub can see near empty queues afterwards. I often like a drink to wind down after the match before heading home, or more likely, my local pub.

If you need to go down the Etihad on an afternoon in the middle of the week, the tram service is great. For actually attending a match, it's dogshite. Not all of us are fit enough to walk from and into the City Centre, and indeed City's crowd is more elderly than most. Just because someone can walk doesn't mean they are up to walking the best part of four miles, there and back, often in the dark and pissing rain. We are not all 22 any more.

There needs to be a major improvement to public transport before the ground is extended. Personally, I favour an actual railway station on the line near the ground and a proper train service. City can perhaps pay for the station. OK, it will be millions, but so what?

I've caught the tram to the stadium from town but never caught it back after a game due to the queues. If leaving on full time, how long on average is the wait?

If you need to go down the Etihad on an afternoon in the middle of the week, the tram service is great. For actually attending a match, it's dogshite. Not all of us are fit enough to walk from and into the City Centre, and indeed City's crowd is more elderly than most. Just because someone can walk doesn't mean they are up to walking the best part of four miles, there and back, often in the dark and pissing rain. We are not all 22 any more.

There needs to be a major improvement to public transport before the ground is extended. Personally, I favour an actual railway station on the line near the ground and a proper train service. City can perhaps pay for the station. OK, it will be millions, but so what?
I agree, and many blues choose to walk into town on the canal path as it is probably quicker and less hassle than queuing up for a tram that is dangerously jam packed.

If they are planning to build hotels and what not on the collar site or in the general area then that would make the most sense, it would be a selling point for visitors/tourists using them and perhaps attract more investment into the area for other businesses. No idea how much it would all cost though to be honest.

I've caught the tram to the stadium from town but never caught it back after a game due to the queues. If leaving on full time, how long on average is the wait?

If you get there at 90 minutes it takes 5-15 minutes to get on (sometimes longer on week nights)

If you wait til final whistle it takes 25-60 minutes to get on

I gave up and walked to town and now cycle - I can get home to Stretford in less than 20 minutes on bike but cannot give people a lift sorry!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.