Bristol City (h) pre-match thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi chaps, another Bristol City fan just about to leave for the game. I hope you don't mind my visit?
Realistically, we don't stand a prayer over 2 legs but we'll give it a right good go. Expecting a heavy defeat but we will try, with all possible respect, to give you a bloody nose. Trying to do it and doing it are 2 different things though as you have an awesome squad.
If we're still in touch going into the 2nd leg, I would take that.
Here's to a great game and plenty of derogatory songs about your neighbours and Maureen Yo saying we 'were lucky'!
There's absolutely no pressure on us as, apart from our most rose tinted fans, we know we shouldn't win, we're just going to enjoy ourselves and see what happens.
3-1 would keep it interesting I guess and that's all we can really do. It would make the game at our place interesting if nothing else.

Enjoy!

Had a quick look on your forum and it was nice to see the fans appreciating Silva and being respectful.
Hope you have a safe journey and enjoy the game ( not the result though)... should be a great atmosphere and hope you get promoted.
Really enjoyed watching you knock out the scum and you deserved to win.

Pep needs to play his strongest team possible for this leg of the cup. The bench can have a few of the fringe players, go 3/4 goals up then start to rest the senior pros. Pep needs to get a trophy under his belt asap. if we can get a lead like we did against WHU a few years back then Pep can rest a few of the players for the 2nd leg. Let's get this game out of the way before we worry about the Liverpool game.

Fast start like we did against Watford who had little difficulty with this side on Saturday and we should be fine.

You're right Watford had no problem dispatching our reserves. Although in the second round of this Cup our reserves beat a half strength Watford at their gaff.

Of course you will beat us over two legs and our only chance is if Pep is as ignorant as you. Unfortunately for us he is extremely intelligent.

To be fair mate, with vast bigger resources and a squad to die for, we have to expect to win don't we? As you correctly state, Pep won't see it that way. He'll already have studied your side in great detail and we will approach the game in a very professional way. We're gonna have 70% of the ball for long periods which will make it doubly hard for Bristol. Good luck all the same.

Just got two tickets and paid from it from my epurse. Didn't know I had any money in there so that was a nice surprise lol. How do I check my epurse balance can't figure it out? Think it's coz I couldn't make the first game of the season and sold them on the ticket exchange.

Hi chaps, another Bristol City fan just about to leave for the game. I hope you don't mind my visit?
Realistically, we don't stand a prayer over 2 legs but we'll give it a right good go. Expecting a heavy defeat but we will try, with all possible respect, to give you a bloody nose. Trying to do it and doing it are 2 different things though as you have an awesome squad.
Here's to a great game and plenty of derogatory songs about your neighbours and Maureen Yo saying we 'were lucky'!
There's absolutely no pressure on us as, apart from our most rose tinted fans, we know we shouldn't win, we're just going to enjoy ourselves and see what happens.
3-1 would keep it interesting I guess and that's all we can really do. It would make the game at our place interesting if nothing else.

Enjoy!
Our Glos' and Cheltenham Man City supporters club will be on their way up. Keep the M5 clear and have a good day out fellers.

Enjoy!
Listen mucker. Football is the greatest game in the world, because you just never know! Who gave you a chance against the vermin ( BRILLIANT RESULT BTW) Who gave Wigan a chance in the FA final against us ?? I could go on, but you know what I mean. I know it's over two legs which makes it more difficult for you lot( the top clubs don't usually fuck up twice) but you just never know. If you're at 100% and we're slightly off, you get the rub of the green, a few ref howlers or sendings off and you never know. Safe journey and I hope you enjoy the experience but not the result. For the record I'm going for 5-1 tonight. :-D

------------------Bravo---------------------
Walker----Stones----Mangala----Danilo
-------------------Yaya---------------------
------De Bruyne-------Gundogan--------
Sterling--------Aguero---------Bernardo

Bench: Ederson, Zinchenko, Adarabioyo, Fernandinho, Diaz, Sane, L. Nmecha

I've got a good feeling ahead of this game. We've actually got a fair chunk of recovery time before the Liverpool game so there's no real need to go quite as second-string as we did against Wolves and Leicester. Also, with this being over two legs, there is a great opportunity to put the tie to bed tonight if we can rack up a few goals. On the other hand, even if we somehow lost tonight, i'd still feel confident that we'd be more than capable of going absolutely full strength in the second leg and turning it around if we had to. There's not the usual jeopardy of a one-legged knock-out game which should allow us to throw a bit of caution to the wind and just go at them. It's a bit of a free hit in that sense.

It will be interesting how Pep views this, does he go with a strong side and hope to take a 2-3 to the second leg where he should be able to rest players.

Or

Does he rest players tonight with the dippers in mind at weekend with a view to going full strength in the 2nd leg?

------------------Bravo---------------------
Walker----Stones----Mangala----Danilo
-------------------Yaya---------------------
------De Bruyne-------Gundogan--------
Sterling--------Aguero---------Bernardo

Bench: Ederson, Zinchenko, Adarabioyo, Fernandinho, Diaz, Sane, L. Nmecha

I've got a good feeling ahead of this game. We've actually got a fair chunk of recovery time before the Liverpool game so there's no real need to go quite as second-string as we did against Wolves and Leicester. Also, with this being over two legs, there is a great opportunity to put the tie to bed tonight if we can rack up a few goals. On the other hand, even if we somehow lost tonight, i'd still feel confident that we'd be more than capable of going absolutely full strength in the second leg and turning it around if we had to. There's not the usual jeopardy of a one-legged knock-out game which should allow us to throw a bit of caution to the wind and just go at them. It's a bit of a free hit in that sense.

I wouldn't have Bernardo on the wing as I think he is wasted there, i'd be inclined to drop Yaya from the line up and move Gundo back, I'd like to see Diaz on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.