Bristol City (h) pre-match thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi chaps, another Bristol City fan just about to leave for the game. I hope you don't mind my visit?
Realistically, we don't stand a prayer over 2 legs but we'll give it a right good go. Expecting a heavy defeat but we will try, with all possible respect, to give you a bloody nose. Trying to do it and doing it are 2 different things though as you have an awesome squad.
If we're still in touch going into the 2nd leg, I would take that.
Here's to a great game and plenty of derogatory songs about your neighbours and Maureen Yo saying we 'were lucky'!
There's absolutely no pressure on us as, apart from our most rose tinted fans, we know we shouldn't win, we're just going to enjoy ourselves and see what happens.
3-1 would keep it interesting I guess and that's all we can really do. It would make the game at our place interesting if nothing else.

Enjoy!
Hey Cider. Don't wish you well tonight but good luck in the Championship. Hopefully we'll see you in the Prem next season.

Last edited:
Pep needs to play his strongest team possible for this leg of the cup. The bench can have a few of the fringe players, go 3/4 goals up then start to rest the senior pros. Pep needs to get a trophy under his belt asap. if we can get a lead like we did against WHU a few years back then Pep can rest a few of the players for the 2nd leg. Let's get this game out of the way before we worry about the Liverpool game.

We really need the tie won tonight! Just hope he doesn't put out a side that reflected Leicester's starting eleven at weekend. One Foxes' fan suggested they were like a pack of dogs chasing a balloon. Well, we've done the balloon already. Let's keep the heart and the soul of the team together for tonight.

Hi chaps, another Bristol City fan just about to leave for the game. I hope you don't mind my visit?
Realistically, we don't stand a prayer over 2 legs but we'll give it a right good go. Expecting a heavy defeat but we will try, with all possible respect, to give you a bloody nose. Trying to do it and doing it are 2 different things though as you have an awesome squad.
If we're still in touch going into the 2nd leg, I would take that.
Here's to a great game and plenty of derogatory songs about your neighbours and Maureen Yo saying we 'were lucky'!
There's absolutely no pressure on us as, apart from our most rose tinted fans, we know we shouldn't win, we're just going to enjoy ourselves and see what happens.
3-1 would keep it interesting I guess and that's all we can really do. It would make the game at our place interesting if nothing else.

Enjoy!
Read some very classy comments about David Silva last night on one of your forums, very decent I have to say. Have a great day apart from the result, and try and resist from singing where were you when you were shit, cos most of us old uns were there. I seem to recall my first trip to ashton gate, late 70’s under Tony Book, and we were on something like a 17 match unbeaten run, and you beat us, 2 1 I think? I still take nothing for granted!!

Read some very classy comments about David Silva last night on one of your forums, very decent I have to say. Have a great day apart from the result, and try and resist from singing where were you when you were shit, cos most of us old uns were there. I seem to recall my first trip to ashton gate, late 70’s under Tony Book, and we were on something like a 17 match unbeaten run, and you beat us, 2 1 I think? I still take nothing for granted!!

I was there for that one too, long unbeaten run but a few draws in there I believe....

I can see Pep picking a strong team to try and get the job done, like we did in the first leg Vs West Ham a couple of seasons back. The he can play the second string in the away leg if we can build a solid lead tonight. Plus the Dipperpool game isn't until late afternoon Sunday.

Feels like we haven't played in ages so i'm looking foward to this,i think he will go strong and sub in the b team and kids and get the job done early,
they will fight so wouldn't put it past them to boot the crap out of us

Feels like we haven't played in ages so i'm looking foward to this,i think he will go strong and sub in the b team and kids and get the job done early,
they will fight so wouldn't put it past them to boot the crap out of us

Eh? We played 3 days ago, and 4 days before that and 3 days before that and 4 days before that and 4 days ............................

You're right Watford had no problem dispatching our reserves. Although in the second round of this Cup our reserves beat a half strength Watford at their gaff.

Of course you will beat us over two legs and our only chance is if Pep is as ignorant as you. Unfortunately for us he is extremely intelligent.
Touche - I like you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.