City v Bristol City 1st leg post match

You wonder if by leaving Aguero out Pep was sending a message, because without another forward coming in were screwed infact the mentality of starting the home leg minus your only front man,when the idea is to build a lead is baffling ,Have to give BCFC full marks for tonight and if we go there with anything but our strongest team we will struggle.. infact this competition has proved in depth we are not as good as you would like to think we are

I was still looking for the false number 9, until the legend came on :)

We had so many opportunities we didn´t take that it took me to a near frustrational breakdown. And when we did score the winner in the last minute, I felt kind a sorry for Bristol who have been brilliant and able to keep up right till the end. I´ve seen much worst PL-teams. The CL-sides (Wolves/Bristol) that visited us were the hardest ones played at the Eithad.

Mangala didn't do his confidence any good with the howler that brought Stones in to making a wreckless tackle and Bristol scoring 1-0 from the spot. Thought after we eqilazied we would go all the way. Unfortunately we left it late. But whatever. 2-1 win and in two weeks time I expect us to be looking out for CL-cup final tickets. Again though, respect to Bristol for the way they playerd and keeping up till the end.

IMO , Mangala (who stepped up to play although still wearing a mask to protect his injury) made mistakes but so did every other player (some made more mistakes than Mangala!!). He certainly made more clearances than any other defender.

Defensively we were poor but that was across the whole team not just the back four and keeper.

When the forwards and midfielders are on their game defensively, our back four and keeper have less to do and look better. This wasn't the case last night and it was a problem in the Wolves game also.

In his programme notes Pep highlighted that against Burnley " John Stones made a mistake...but that is not the problem. The key factor is how he responded. He didn't let his head go down. That is the way this club will continue to make steps forward over the next years."

IMO I think Pep would prefer us as fans to get behind the players after their mistakes and not castigate them (like some did with Sane also after his errors against Burnley) . Some of the comments about Mangala are ridiculous and are quite clearly from people who weren't even at the game.Watching it on TV just doesn't give you the whole picture .

We win as a team, we draw as a team, we lose as a team. It's the Pep philosophy. If supporters can't buy into it they can always go watch ManUre instead and join the other rags who always see the faults in others but not in themselves.
CTID

Unfortunately, despite having a ticket, I had to watch from the armchair last night but I saw enough of the picture. It was not our best display but it was better than many want to characterise it; mind, that is often the case these days IMO.

Defensively, I thought their players had too much room in midfield at times; however, this was another prime case of had we had our finishing boots on, they'd have got a serious tonking.

I'm not sure who he was actually trying to pass to but IIRC the angle to Sterling was still relatively narrow: Sterling was in an advanced position.

Nah mate, Sterling was hugging the sideline, see him in the top right of this pic just after Mangala lost possession

2rqoeab.png

Seems they are the Dipper team of Bristol.

Gas is absolutely right. Living in South Wales all teams in the South West really don't like them. You think we are self-entitled! Been to Ashton Gate a few times with friends who support other teams, and you can hear a pin drop, so made me laugh with 'Is this a library'.

However, their team and manager deserve full credit for their performance.

Unfortunately, despite having a ticket, I had to watch from the armchair last night but I saw enough of the picture. It was not our best display but it was better than many want to characterise it; mind, that is often the case these days IMO.

Defensively, I thought their players had too much room in midfield at times; however, this was another prime case of had we had our finishing boots on, they'd have got a serious tonking.

They made some terrible mistakes last night, the kind we would usually punish, & got away with it.

But if it makes all he morons in the press & the 2nd rate coaches think they have stumbled onto a way to 'beat' City, which everyone can follow (even though they lost) it's all good for us when others try it & we bugger them severely.

We had so many opportunities we didn´t take that it took me to a near frustrational breakdown. And when we did score the winner in the last minute, I felt kind a sorry for Bristol who have been brilliant and able to keep up right till the end. I´ve seen much worst PL-teams. The CL-sides (Wolves/Bristol) that visited us were the hardest ones played at the Eithad.

Mangala didn't do his confidence any good with the howler that brought Stones in to making a wreckless tackle and Bristol scoring 1-0 from the spot. Thought after we eqilazied we would go all the way. Unfortunately we left it late. But whatever. 2-1 win and in two weeks time I expect us to be looking out for CL-cup final tickets. Again though, respect to Bristol for the way they playerd and keeping up till the end.
We made it tough for ourselves by wasting countless great attacking situations. That's the most wasteful we have been this season

Gas is absolutely right. Living in South Wales all teams in the South West really don't like them. You think we are self-entitled! Been to Ashton Gate a few times with friends who support other teams, and you can hear a pin drop, so made me laugh with 'Is this a library'.
You mean "Is this a loybury"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.