City v Bristol City 1st leg post match

For the sake of not having back up left back, id play a 3-5-2.

Stones - Aday - Mangala

Danilo and Zinchenko as wide wing backs

That way if Zinchenko is exposed, mangala would back him up. Instead we played a 4 at the back and when mangala had the ball on few occasions he ran out of ideas because Zinchenko was already playing in that false midfield role. And one of reasons why Bristol City got the goal.

Well said! I said the same last night and against Leicester in the previous round

Gas is absolutely right. Living in South Wales all teams in the South West really don't like them. You think we are self-entitled! Been to Ashton Gate a few times with friends who support other teams, and you can hear a pin drop, so made me laugh with 'Is this a library'.

However, their team and manager deserve full credit for their performance.
Bristol city forum giving it empty seats , no atmosphere etc last night.
It was 4th highest attendance in this years league cup.
Also Ashtongate must have been hostile and rocking. Tickets like gold dust when they packed 13,000 in to see premier league stoke city in earlier round.
Be careful or the robins will start matching city women for attendance!
You all came last night just to see city ....

IMO , Mangala (who stepped up to play although still wearing a mask to protect his injury) made mistakes but so did every other player (some made more mistakes than Mangala!!). He certainly made more clearances than any other defender.

Defensively we were poor but that was across the whole team not just the back four and keeper.

When the forwards and midfielders are on their game defensively, our back four and keeper have less to do and look better. This wasn't the case last night and it was a problem in the Wolves game also.

In his programme notes Pep highlighted that against Burnley " John Stones made a mistake...but that is not the problem. The key factor is how he responded. He didn't let his head go down. That is the way this club will continue to make steps forward over the next years."

IMO I think Pep would prefer us as fans to get behind the players after their mistakes and not castigate them (like some did with Sane also after his errors against Burnley) . Some of the comments about Mangala are ridiculous and are quite clearly from people who weren't even at the game.Watching it on TV just doesn't give you the whole picture .

We win as a team, we draw as a team, we lose as a team. It's the Pep philosophy. If supporters can't buy into it they can always go watch ManUre instead and join the other rags who always see the faults in others but not in themselves.
CTID
Good post. We played poorly as a team and that is why certain players were exposed. Mangler didn’t play as well as he could but neither did all the others with the possible exceptions of Kev and young Zinchenko. My thoughts are that if pep chooses to play Yaya and our second string defence, then Eddie should be in goal. Play Bravo with a stronger defence + Fern. Our ‘back six’ last night could not play out from the back anywhere near the standard of our best six. That was obvious from early on. Other than Kev, nobody was helping them bring the ball out either.

Good post. We played poorly as a team and that is why certain players were exposed. Mangler didn’t play as well as he could but neither did all the others with the possible exceptions of Kev and young Zinchenko. My thoughts are that if pep chooses to play Yaya and our second string defence, then Eddie should be in goal. Play Bravo with a stronger defence + Fern. Our ‘back six’ last night could not play out from the back anywhere near the standard of our best six. That was obvious from early on. Other than Kev, nobody was helping them bring the ball out either.

That was certainly my take on the game and what needs to be changed when we play our second string. IMO Ederson in goal would have made a big difference to last night’s result & performance !
CTID

Mate I'm over it, not gonna fight a blue over this.. but some of you do wind me up with mangala on some occasion.. :)
I've said Managa made the mistake and in general had a bad game last night, but Stones was 100% responsible for that ridiculous challenge and penalty. I suspect if it were ant of the favoured players who made the error, it would defo have been on John

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.