VAR (PL introduction 2019)

Happy enough with it tonight tbh, both penalty claims were reviewed which was the main concern.

Still worrying Swarbrick chose not to use it with a possible handball Monday though, even though he turned out to be right.

give it chance,as with all new things it takes a while to bed in and is a huge change to what we are used to

This.

Unfortunately forums and social media do not allow ‘bedding in’ periods and any mistakes from officials. Will be a lot of uproar which is shame as it is helping make the game fairer.

Feel a lot more comfortable we’re able to see the incidents as the officials on a monitor. Yes there will be times when people disagree even after the video review - but overall, especially penalty appeals, vast majority will be the correct call as opposed to the impossible task the ref has now when a player goes down cheating and 30+ thousand are screaming for a Pen.
Me too.

The pictures and conversations are shown live in Cricket and Rugby. Same should apply here. Fans will accept it more if we hear the reasoning behind the decisions made using it.

Absolute nightmare. Will be the end of the game as we know it. Every goal, and I mean every goal will result in bated breath, nobody going last minute crazy, for fear there was some unseen incident MINUTES beforehand.Just like tonight, the game played on for several mins before that pen was reviewed.It will kill the game, kill the celebrating stone dead.

The Welbeck penalty incident. He clearly takes the ball, the commentators um and ah. They're still discussing it post match. There will be incorrect decisions made for sure.
Yeah there will be those that are open to interpretation... "is the arm in an unnatural position?" or "did he mean it/go for the ball?" but I'll take any improvement over what we have now which is extra officials at either end of the pitch which do absolutely nothing. It's time we improved the standard of officiating as there's too many mistakes for this day and age with the technology available.

Absolute nightmare. Will be the end of the game as we know it. Every goal, and I mean every goal will result in bated breath, nobody going last minute crazy, for fear there was some unseen incident MINUTES beforehand.Just like tonight, the game played on for several mins before that pen was reviewed.It will kill the game, kill the celebrating stone dead.
They only went back as it was a possible penalty, nearly all goals will be awarded straight away with no review, the doubtful ones will and should be reviewed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.