VAR (PL introduction 2019)

They only went back as it was a possible penalty, nearly all goals will be awarded straight away with no review, the doubtful ones will and should be reviewed.
There’ll be an element of doubt in every fan’s mind as to whether it’ll go to VAR IMHO. No fan will know with absolute certainty that it won’t get called back for some spurious bollocks that could have happened several minutes beforehand. I see it as the death-knell for the game. Not needed, the game should and could carry on with all the inherent mistakes.

Absolute nightmare. Will be the end of the game as we know it. Every goal, and I mean every goal will result in bated breath, nobody going last minute crazy, for fear there was some unseen incident MINUTES beforehand.Just like tonight, the game played on for several mins before that pen was reviewed.It will kill the game, kill the celebrating stone dead.
Erm, no it won’t.

There’ll be an element of doubt in every fan’s mind as to whether it’ll go to VAR IMHO. No fan will know with absolute certainty that it won’t get called back for some spurious bollocks that could have happened several minutes beforehand. I see it as the death-knell for the game. Not needed, the game should and could carry on with all the inherent mistakes.
It has to be in the same phase of play mate, similar time frame to players moving from offside to onside. The scenario you're envisaging won't exist.

It has to be in the same phase of play mate, similar time frame to players moving from offside to onside. The scenario you're envisaging won't exist.
The ref does review every goal though. It will imo take away some of the emotion from a goal being scored as straight away you will be looking to the ref.

The ref does review every goal though; which will imo take out emotion from a goal being scored as straight away you will be looking to the ref.
Similar to looking towards the linesman for a potential tight offside?
I’m sure the teething problems (if any) will be ironed out and improved upon over time. If the officiating was better than average - we wouldn’t be even considering VAR, the fact we are starting to use it speaks volumes.

The ref does review every goal though. It will imo take out emotion from a goal being scored as straight away you will be looking to the ref.
Only if you're maniacally paranoid, the vast majority of goals are obviously legit, the ones you'll be holding your breath for are the same ones that you're looking at the linesman for an offside flag or the ref to see him point to the halfway line with now - dubious goals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.