Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
The revenge conspiracy posted some pages back makes the most sense to me. Take both Arsenal and the rags for a ride by faking interest in going to the swamp. Destabilize both clubs and possibly make us improve our offer.

He was broken when he didn’t get his move to us, even more so considering we are so far ahead now in the league. Arsenal made him look like a fool. Now he is returning the favor. He can fake the rag interest then tell Arsenal in the last days of the window sell me to City now or I’m leaving for free in the summer.

I cant help but feel if utd were in pole position all the money rubbish would be being swept under their enormous carpet. Theyd be pushing the playing time angle.

Faultless post, that. This is my take on the whole saga. I do not have details about our financial restraints or details about sums demanded in wages, agent fee, etc so I cannot really critique our stance. If they are trying to get us to pay ridiculous/stupid sums then maybe I can understand but if it's a case of disagreement due to a £270k vs £300k figure for example, then I think we have to think again.

I see a lot of posts about how we are far ahead of the competition and whilst I don't particularly agree with this view, I'd say even if we assume it was true for the sake of argument, do we really have to give them the opportunity to close the gap without having to spend over the roof sums? If they get closer to us because of Sanchez signed on the cheap, is it beyond the realms of possibility that they spend big on another game changer thereby reducing the gap even further? Question is would we prefer to break away from the competition or be skin-tight to it? Honest questions.

This is a unique situation because it's not often you see a world class player available for £30m ish who is dying to come play for us. And then we just walk away and allow Jose get a bargain?

Yes I know we could sign a Dybala in summer for example but do you honestly think he'd go for less than £150m? We also know that transfers of this magnitude aren't that easy to pull off because usually the players want to come but are tied down by their contracts with their current clubs. Even if we signed a Dybala, there's the issue of getting him to settle down much the same way Bernado is adapting. You wouldn't need to worry about that with Sanchez.

I'll say it again, I don't know the details about the financials and I won't pretend to know but I hope we don't look back and compare the value a player that was dying to come to us adds to a rival team and compare to the sums we saved in the process.

People thought we got rinsed when we signed KDB and Walker. Look now...
They have spent hundreds of millions and the gap is widening

I await the next time an Italian club comes calling for one of our players on the cheap and they're labelled "cheap c*nts" by everyone here.

No-one will remember or care what we pay to agents if we win 2 or 3 trophies this season, and we're more likely to achieve that with Sanchez here than with him at a rival.

If, after having agreed terms with him in summer we now sit back and let him go to that shower of shit not only will it strengthen them it will give the rag media and their gobshite sheep more ammunition to have a go at us. We'd also look pretty smalltime to general fans and in the football world for future transfers. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet to stop a hated rival getting a boost.

We should sign Sanchez whatever the cost, we need him anyway as it's a long season and we're in with a serious shout at 4 trophies. Don't give those rag cünts any encouragement at all.

The thought of the rags signing Sanchez while we get JFE is the stuff of nightmares. I don’t want to hear that chant at a match.

No-one will remember or care what we pay to agents if we win 2 or 3 trophies this season, and we're more likely to achieve that with Sanchez here than with him at a rival.

If, after having agreed terms with him in summer we now sit back and let him go to that shower of shit not only will it strengthen them it will give the rag media and their gobshite sheep more ammunition to have a go at us. We'd also look pretty smalltime to general fans and in the football world for future transfers. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet to stop a hated rival getting a boost.

We should sign Sanchez whatever the cost, we need him anyway as it's a long season and we're in with a serious shout at 4 trophies. Don't give those rag cünts any encouragement at all.
Squad harmony is key though why should we break any structure for Sanchez? The team is stronger than any individual which is why players like Delph and Stones are now playing out of their skins. It's 1 unit not 11 men. If Sanchez wants to be in that unit now is the time to prove it, he'll make financial sacrifices. If the money turns his head his head was never truly right for the club to begin with. Like Ibra, Eto'o etc. being sacked off by Pep for thinking they were more entitled than the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.