Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will know tomorrow I think. If they are signing him he won't be playing for Arsenal and they would like nothing better than getting this done before their game to give the masses what they want!

It's got to be about money if there has been a change of heart. A player is not going to go where he doesn't want to go just to get out of a club. If he goes to them it's because he wants to. We just have to accept it if it happens. He isn't Messi! He had the best season of his life last season and Arsenal finished 5th! He isn't going to turn Phil Jones into Beckenbaur or Ashley Young into Philip Lahm!

If he is not playing tomorrow, I wouldn't read anything into that personally

In tonight's Evening News, it states that on top of his mega weekly wage, he wants a £25m signing on bonus. That would be on top of Arsenals £20m, and whatever the agent gets (who pays him? Sanchez?).
If he stays at Arsenal until the end of the season, Arsenal obviously get nothing, but the £25m bonus becomes £35m!
He'll see his contract out.
It's got nowt to do with medals and trophies this.

I thought that this was all just the normal process of a straightforward transfer to City when the links to United came up. It literally happens every transfer window with our targets.

However, Mourinho's comments about Sanchez being a phenomenal player amidst all the links to United was kind of telling. They would have nothing to gain and everything to lose PR wise by making those comments if they knew he was nailed on to City and it would only heap even more pressure on them.

I think they're definitely in for Sanchez and must have been given some encouragement by him and his agent to publically get involved. They've also got a scattergun approach to signings where they will just throw whatever wages the player wants these days, kind of like we did 4 or 5 years ago. Whether we want to admit it or not, they are still one of the most attractive propositions for any player in England.

We still don't know where he will end up, but ignoring his contract situation, any team who gets a player with the quality of Sanchez for £40 million is getting a bargain in the current climate.
Faultless post, that. This is my take on the whole saga. I do not have details about our financial restraints or details about sums demanded in wages, agent fee, etc so I cannot really critique our stance. If they are trying to get us to pay ridiculous/stupid sums then maybe I can understand but if it's a case of disagreement due to a £270k vs £300k figure for example, then I think we have to think again.

I see a lot of posts about how we are far ahead of the competition and whilst I don't particularly agree with this view, I'd say even if we assume it was true for the sake of argument, do we really have to give them the opportunity to close the gap without having to spend over the roof sums? If they get closer to us because of Sanchez signed on the cheap, is it beyond the realms of possibility that they spend big on another game changer thereby reducing the gap even further? Question is would we prefer to break away from the competition or be skin-tight to it? Honest questions.

This is a unique situation because it's not often you see a world class player available for £30m ish who is dying to come play for us. And then we just walk away and allow Jose get a bargain?

Yes I know we could sign a Dybala in summer for example but do you honestly think he'd go for less than £150m? We also know that transfers of this magnitude aren't that easy to pull off because usually the players want to come but are tied down by their contracts with their current clubs. Even if we signed a Dybala, there's the issue of getting him to settle down much the same way Bernado is adapting. You wouldn't need to worry about that with Sanchez.

I'll say it again, I don't know the details about the financials and I won't pretend to know but I hope we don't look back and compare the value a player that was dying to come to us adds to a rival team and compare to the sums we saved in the process.

People thought we got rinsed when we signed KDB and Walker. Look now...

What we know is that Munich and Paris wanted him in summer
Loads of rumours he was off to Parisdone deal etc
Deadline day he agrees deal with us
Now all of a sudden same again

He will come
He is just playing the game with arsenal.

He has spent 5 months watching us make history he must be sooo. Bitter with arsenal

If he doesn’t come he is a clown
The form this season only shows he was right in August

And rest assured we will bottle it if need be and up the bid

Lump on if the odds are so long

Nothing like being sure is there :)

In tonight's Evening News, it states that on top of his mega weekly wage, he wants a £25m signing on bonus. That would be on top of Arsenals £20m, and whatever the agent gets (who pays him? Sanchez?).
If he stays at Arsenal until the end of the season, Arsenal obviously get nothing, but the £25m bonus becomes £35m!
He'll see his contract out.
It's got nowt to do with medals and trophies this.

Your opening gambit says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.