Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS some people on here need to calm down. It would have been nice to get Sanchez. He's a superb player and would have made us stronger. But surely what we need most is cover for Fernandinho. It's a shame if Sanchez goes to the Rags but it will mean Peg stays there longer and he is slowly destroying that club from within. You win some, you lose some, bur City are a club that will continue to progress upwards. We don't know yet how this will play out long-term but I am confident we are the best-run club in the world at present and I have total confidence in our owners. It's a marathon not a sprint.

how things change.
rags throwing mad money at it to get a player in. just as we did for yaya, dave and aguero. difference is the ages and service we have had from them, titles and cups won. Sanchez can't match any of that.

My thoughts on the positive things you mention. Absolutely fantastic, best time ever to be a blue.

I absolutely accept that I am an eternal pessimist where City are concerned (still) and still can't avoid the typical city mentality.

My initial thoughts were purely on the short sighted position we have taken on Sanchez and I then added in the fact that I think we will lose this afternoon given our record there and the law of averages.

However the bright sparks then get all worked up.

Funny how there was no similar response when Tolmie had a similar position on Sanchez and also when he continuously predicts us to get our arses handed on a plate.

I will obviously have to continue to be the villain if I have an opinion that doesn't fit with the people who shout loudest.
Whilst Tolmie sometimes expresses fears and concerns and has taken a similar stance with you regarding this Sanchez saga, he also shares in the joy whenever we win. I think it's strange to never relish the good moments of the club and there have been many this season.

I don't give a shit how good he is, if he is that easily swayed to suddenly join United good luck to him playing for that shower of shit and under that prick of a manager. We are 15 points clear at the moment, Jesus is coming back earlier than expected and Aguero is amazing.
Hear! Hear!

IF we don't sign Sanchez, I for one will be disappointed in fact I'd be gutted. Hopefully we wont see post after post suddenly claiming he's shit and we didn't want him anyway, he's a mercenary etc etc.

We did want him, and as a fan I'd have loved him here. I won't be slating him. He's a professional footballer, he doesn't support City. He's entitled to play for whichever team he chooses, just like when we were signing players after the Takeover, Adebayour, Tevez, Bellemy, Barry all got tons of abuse for coming here. Dickhead supporters from all clubs giving it out about money. Even Palace fans were at it with their shit banners lets not forget. We didn't sign mercenaries, we signed professional footballers. This isn't personal for Sanchez, it's his career and none of us would turn down a hefty pay rise to change job so fair play to him for screwing the Rags over - if he goes there!

United have as a club become what their fans once mocked, I won't become what their fans once were - whinging about choosing money over trophies. He chooses them so be it, he isn't insulting us or the club, for him it's business.

On the positive side, this isn't a 'biggest cock' competition, and if MCFC don't think the deal is right then that's fine with me. As pointed out, huge transfer fee, agents fee, wages all for a player that would be available free at the end of the season so this isn't a huge Coup for Utd.

They can't spin it any way on this, one of their 'LegEnds' has stated publicly that Sancez is better off with us. We chose not to pursue this, no 'victory' for them at all.

We’re not playing hardball at all. We have a long term project, football and finance wise, and we are sticking to it. So far we are beginning to see the fruits of our labour. We have a young squad sitting 15 points top of the league playing football never seen before in this land. The people we have up top are patient yet astute strategists who has measured the cost benefits of our actions.

I’m sure we have other players in mind as fallback options. Let the rags waste £50m or so on Sanchez, he hasnt been prolific with 6th place arsenal anyway. Pretty sure we can get better players for the price. Salah went for £37m just last window, so I’m sure there are a few other rough diamonds in the market.

The big factor which keeps being overlooked, is that Pep wants a Sanchez who is desperate to play for him.

Not someone who can be swayed by an offer of more money. That, is the same guy who sulks when he's on the bench, & causes shit, if things don't work out.

We don't want a 29 year old prima donna, we want a bloke who is desperate to play for our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.