Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

At least we fought to the end and made the score respectable. We sat back too much. The way to beat Liverpool is to attack them mercilessly. Hold the ball in their third and attack until the game has past them.

The front three were terrible today on the whole. Sergio is a mere shadow of his previous self. It has been proven again that we are a far weaker side without Jesus. The priority this transfer window must be to sign at least one forward.

We are not a defensive side and we'll never be one. You don't need to keep clean sheets to win matches, but you do need to outscore your opponent. Right now we are relying on the sheer number of chances created to score. That is not a recipe for long term success. You need to be clinical, especially in the big games.

Dropping another £50m on a centre half is not going to improve us significantly.

8-4 on aggregate and if away goals count double then 11-4, seriously though 10 mins of defensive madness what can you say, it was just madness

Bad bad day at the office, too many players well below par, Sterling, Gundogan, Stones and Otta in particular. At 1-1 in the 2nd half we were in control then those bad mistakes......
Painful and we've not had a day like this for bloody ages. We're still top, were still gonna win the league, expect another unbeaten run until the seasons end. The players will hurt after that and make sure Newcastle suffer. Oh, and Tyler is a wan*er of the highest order. Fuck all the media wan* fest .......we are City.....champions elect.....

Surprised to look at the table and find Liverpool 15 points behind the leaders watching those celebrations! I thought we were absolutely woeful today at the back, multiple individual errors cost us dear and the game was long gone despite the 4-3 in the end.

A couple of things for me:

1. Stop playing Sterling against Liverpool, he’s been excellent this season but he doesn’t have the mentality to get over the crowd, and he’s shown it in multiples games now. He didn’t play his own game today at all and it essentially breaks down half of our attacking side.

2. Gundogan really needs to pull his weight in this system if he wants to play for the team long-term. I thought he was THE main reason we struggled to play out from the back all game. He was never available and it completely isolated the centre backs and Fernandinho, who not surprisingly all had their worst games in ages. A big part of that for me was Gundogans lack of movement to be available. Consider when Silva plays and how well De Bruyne drops deep; we completely lost that.

3. You will always get the odd mistake with a keeper that plays the way Ederson plays, but he can’t be faulted for his season so far so I don’t begrudge him a mistake today. It was just a shame it came on a day other players had also made big mistakes.

Let the dippers have it. We can still win 4 comps. They will have the "when we beat city" to hang on to

we wont win 4 comps.....that arrogance is the one thing that will make sure it doesn't happen.

Prem league and a cup will do me.....we aint past bristol city yet and they nearly beat us the other night doing what liverpool did.

We are looking tired and need a couple of players to supplement the squad though this is something we have always known

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.