Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

I'm going to be more annoyed tomorrow. Aside from weak half arsed play in defense and their vital second goal being a foul our total collapse for goals 3 and 4 were unforgivable. We just needed to keep our shape and composure and we would have got at least a draw. The one positive was Bernardo played great when he came on, let's hope he has turned the corner.

Kev, yes.

Stones, probably yes too. But when you're defending like that you have to deal with those situations, foul or no foul. Take the man out, do whatever you need to do, but don't let him through on goal like that. It was shit defending irrespective.

If Stones takes him out it's a penalty...but you agree Stones was fouled...so the ref should give a foul...
Mariner was fucking awful as usual...refs are other teams best weapon to beat us

A rag just said to me "I bet you wished you'd parked the bus like we did. Jose doesn't look so daft now". I said I'd rather lose than play like them set of cûnts.

Just tell him to come back IF they win the league by one point and he will be right. He won't, of course.

Dust ourselves down and get on with the Newcastle game next week.
At the end of the day this result will have no bearing on how successful our season ends up.

Right, I'm off to read the rules of the game! ☺
Haha ;) here:

A tackler, loosely speaking, is not allowed to push an opposition player in the back during a tackle. By the strictest definition of a push, any contact from behind could be considered a push in the back, so the rule is usually enforced under only the following three circumstances:

• If a player is bent over or on his knees, usually to win or protect the football, and an opponent knocks him over from behind.
  • If a player is lying face down on the ground, and an opponent falls onto his back, intentionally or unintentionally. The first circumstance often directly causes this second circumstance also.
  • If a tackler pursuing a ball-carrier uses one or both hands to push him from behind, causing him to be knocked off-balance as he attempts to dispose of the ball. A chaser often attempts this when he sees that the ball-carrier is about to kick the ball, and he is not close enough for a tackle.

As I said though I don't think the game was actually lost with that goal, it was how we responded to it and Pep will not be happy with that more so than the refs decision. There was loads of time left and our players seemed to act like it was injury time to me taking risks they really didn't need to, losing composure due to rushing things, trying to make passes that weren't on etc.

Last edited:
They played as well as they can and we didn't

They made the most of our errors and they really didn't make any

They didn't have a stand out performer, which says a lot about their work ethic

We are 15 points clear at the top of the table and Newcastle are up next. Let's get back on track with this game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.