Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

We have got Newcastle and West Brom next...lose them two and we will deserve the vulchers. IMO they are two of the best games we could have hoped for to bounce right back. Let's fucking maul them

Absolutely. We have 6 days rest now and much needed it is! Weaker team in CC and FA Cup, but a left back urgently and take it from there. 3 of next 4 at home.

The silver lining is that it wasn’t a game we had to win, I’d rather lose that and have something Guardiola can use with the players than for that to happen in the CL.

Ideally we would have had Silva and Jesus both playing today and controlling the midfield would have been much easier.
there must have been a reason why merlin was on bench, cant see it as tactical. im sure pep had his reasons however fucked up it seems at the moment

onwards and upwards

Fair play to pool, they put us into situations where we committed lot of mistakes. Overall the entire team was poor. Rather than just singling out Kun (as many seem to do so often), it was a bad game by most of the starting 11. Sterling poor, Dinho poor, Stone Ota poor, Ederson had a nightmare, Gundo was ok and Kun too was poor, Sane KDB were better than others. Also why is pep not getting any blame for not bringing on D.Silva at 60min mark when it was clear that we are not able to find spaces and passes. Overall the only positive from the game was we did not lose 4-1, we put up a good fight till the end to make it 4-3. And it was NOT a foul on Stones.

Fernandinho was also offside. I think Gundogan too. Our whole line was in hurry to get the equaliser.
All the Liverpool defence did was hold the line and let us run offside. I'm always surprised that when we have a high line against a free kick, we seem to drop back before the kick's taken, which keeps the other team onside. I guess Pep knows what he's doing.

Before the game I said I am worried about 3 players ( Sane, Sterling & Stones)

Only Sane beat my expectations and had a good game.

Perhaps we did we have a very very poor defence but we also made some very bad defensive howlers just like yourselves.

As has already been pointed out we have beaten your lot stopped you from you going all season unbeaten but it still amounts to nothing cause we aren't going to contest the league never mind win it.

I don't think we robbed you cause at the end off play I think we deserved the win we did play football we did probe your defence so it's not like we sat back for 90 minutes and hoofed the ball up the pitch every time we got it.
If you played like you did today for the past 22 games you'd be top instead of us.
Don't you feel cheated?

You were the better team and deserved the win. I'd be asking questions of your manager and players though how on earth do you turn into world beaters when we rock up and utter shit the next week. I'd be fuming

I actually don't think Liverpool were that great other than the closing down which they were very good at. They didn't need to be today because we were shite for much of the game.

We got all our mistakes out of the way today. Time to start a new unbeaten run.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.