Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

Liverpool deserved the win. No doubt about that.
They "deserve" it because they scored more than we did, but we gave them all their goals. Our pressing was as good as theirs for me, and but for the Stones mistake/foul, when we should actually have been taking an attacking free kick in their half, who knows how it might have ended.

By our standards this season, we were a little below par, they on the other hand, had their game of the season, but still only won, because we made last years errors.

are you saying that you don't think Utd will beat Stoke...I do...so it will potentially be 12....our squad is starting to look strained and our performances one the last few weeks have not been a s convincing. We will drop more points between now and the end of the season.
I think you need to chill mate.....Yes the last few weeks we've had to dig in to get the 3 points, this is normal during the winter period of a long premier league season. Most title winners do indeed drop points during this period, we've dropped 5 in total (palace and today) so that's pretty good going. The vermin wont even match our points tally between now and the end of the season let alone by some miraculous upturn in form and complete collapse by us, make up 15 points. Just isn't going to happen, everything will seem better after we batter Newcastle.
Have to say a couple of signings especially left back and centre mid or striker wouldn't harm anyone. In Pep we trust.

Perhaps we did we have a very very poor defence but we also made some very bad defensive howlers just like yourselves.

As has already been pointed out we have beaten your lot stopped you from you going all season unbeaten but it still amounts to nothing cause we aren't going to contest the league never mind win it.

I don't think we robbed you cause at the end off play I think we deserved the win we did play football we did probe your defence so it's not like we sat back for 90 minutes and hoofed the ball up the pitch every time we got it.
I don't think anyone is claiming a robbery to be fair, we gave away atleast 2 goals that's nobodies fault but ours, our players not being at their best is our problem.

What I will say is it's clear some are tying to make more of Liverpool's good performance than how far short we were of our best(clearly you saw Aguero gave you very little problems today, even his pressing, Silva was a big miss and several players had an off game sloppy in possession even when not under any pressure far too often)... I suppose I'd want the same if City won in the exact same circumstances so it doesn't matter what gets made of this result in the press or by the fans, as long as Pep and our players know they can do much much better than what we saw today.

Wanted to win this one more because of our recent results there(it will have to wait until next season to put it right) but we were just not good enough today from back to front... KDB needed more movement in front of him it just wasn't up to the usual standard and your defence was there to be got at as we saw in the closing stages.

Let’s remember when Liverpool beat Newcastle 4-3 and the scum went on to reel ‘em in! We must make sure we don’t let history repeat itself. Maybe a good job we don’t have any istree!

So we can’t say that Fernandinho, Gundogan, were awful that their mus placing passes constantly caused our back 4 problems? We can’t that Sergio was shite? That Sterling was worse? Rest or not, doesn’t excuse some of the sloppy play at times.
Stones is coming back from injury so if anyone gets a little slack it should be him.

Best side won but Otamendi’s header goes in its a different game and that’s before taking our many mistakes in to it.
Otamendi header wasn't even the best chance he missed today. That back post cross was not simple but if he connects he probably scores

So we can’t say that Fernandinho, Gundogan, were awful that their mus placing passes constantly caused our back 4 problems? We can’t that Sergio was shite? That Sterling was worse? Rest or not, doesn’t excuse some of the sloppy play at times.
Stones is coming back from injury so if anyone gets a little slack it should be him.
Thets a different game and that’s before taking our many mistakes in to it.
]You can say anything you like but you have to see the bigger picture my
friend.
Eight days v four simples really just give your head a good wobble- rabid criticism gets you nowhere fast-what is the point - it changes nothing save to show you think you are an expert which patently you are not

Perhaps we did we have a very very poor defence but we also made some very bad defensive howlers just like yourselves.

As has already been pointed out we have beaten your lot stopped you from you going all season unbeaten but it still amounts to nothing cause we aren't going to contest the league never mind win it.

I don't think we robbed you cause at the end off play I think we deserved the win we did play football we did probe your defence so it's not like we sat back for 90 minutes and hoofed the ball up the pitch every time we got it.
No you’re right pal you played to win which is more than most. I’m just angered by the overwhelming overreaction to HOW well you played. Anyone would think we were dicked 10-0.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.