Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
we didn't play it well though did we. We waited until the last day of the window to start making offers, very weird considering we was heavily linked from the end of the season. Yeah Arsenal put a stop to it going through but bizarre we expected them to replace him in a day.
We don`t know if that is actually true though do we.From what people told us a bid was there but Arsenal were the one who decided he wasn`t moving until a replacement was found.
Personally I don`t think Arsenal even bothered to look for a replacement knowing Sanchez would have to stay.Its only now that they`ve decided to cash in.
If it were City and Sergio I think most would say,well done Pep and City.

Had we of paid Hazard's Father and agent a little bit more for Hazard, we might have won another couple of league titles. I don't like seeing us getting rinsed by agents either, but sometimes if you want the very best players, you pay up or shut up. Its a ruthless market, even Barcelona and Real Madrid will get completely fleeced no matter how big of a club they are.
Edited... It was a mistake in hindsight but you make decisions and stick to them... such is life

Only one thing I don’t get in all this. Is that if Sanchez was so money oriented then surely he would wait til the summer and pocket any proposer transfer fee as well as the wage. If it were me and money was the motivation I would be happy on my £100k I’m getting at arsenal knowing I’m getting a mega pay day in 6 months.

Not like he is on the breadline and needs it immediately. He is effectively passing up £20/30m for the sake of 6 months.
Not really. If he’s getting £400k per month for the next four or five years at United then it works out better or him in the long term.

We need to remember on this that Sanchez doesn't have two options to consider, he has one.

If City aren't prepared to meet Arsenal's valuation then of course he will start to negotiate a transfer to United, there is no offer from us for him to consider unless we ask him to stay at Arsenal for the sake of £5-10m.

If we wanted him we would pay the money but at the minute it is obvious we just want him because he is a decent player who is cheap. We spent similar amounts on players like Mangala and Bony without a second thought who were terrible compared, on this one it seems we aren't all that bothered.

If I was Sanchez I'd probably at this point be thinking who wants me more and unfortunately it currently isn't us or else we would of paid the money and got him here weeks ago.

I think it's because of the amounts spaffed on the likes of Bony and Mangala that we're having to be careful now.

I'm very surprised at this given that he turned down Bayern and PSG in the summer. He seemed to be determined to work with Pep. Now it seems like he's more focused on maximizing his earnings. I'm sure he'll have a good chance of winning trophies at United but can anybody seriously argue he'll have a better chance of that there than at City?

We need to remember on this that Sanchez doesn't have two options to consider, he has one.

If City aren't prepared to meet Arsenal's valuation then of course he will start to negotiate a transfer to United, there is no offer from us for him to consider unless we ask him to stay at Arsenal for the sake of £5-10m.

If we wanted him we would pay the money but at the minute it is obvious we just want him because he is a decent player who is cheap. We spent similar amounts on players like Mangala and Bony without a second thought who were terrible compared, on this one it seems we aren't all that bothered.

If I was Sanchez I'd probably at this point be thinking who wants me more and unfortunately it currently isn't us or else we would of paid the money and got him here weeks ago.

He did have two, he had ours which was apparently all lined up then he had Uniteds late offer. He now only has one of course if we have publicly pulled out

Had we of paid the agent a little bit more for Hazard, we might have won another couple of league titles. I don't like seeing us getting rinsed by agents either, but sometimes if you want the very best players, you pay up or shut up. Its a ruthless market, even Barcelona and Real Madrid will get completely fleeced no matter how big of a club they are.
And City have decided to "shut up" and not get fleeced by greedy twats.
Well done to them.

Is it fuck a world away. It was the official line from the club on Friday to journalists who were present - just because it wasn't released as a statement, doesn't mean it's not official ffs.

You seem to be failing to grasp what jrb was suggesting.

He wants the club to make an official statement. The clue to this was when he said "The club should make a statement".

The clue to him 100% not meaning briefing the press was when he said they already brief the press so why not release a statement.

So yes, the club briefing the press as they already have done, is a world away from what JRB wants, which is an official statement released by Manchester City Football Club, not a wink and a nudge to half a dozen of the journalists in favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.