Newcastle (Home) - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle having to face us after our first loss and a full week's rest..they must feel lucky. I genuinely think we'll put 5 or 6 past these but the second leg of the League Cup is a few days after so expect we might see full strength away at Bristol rather than this one, but we could definitely go full strength for both if Mansfield can beat Cardiff in their FA Cup replay.

Aguero didn't have his best game yesterday. Does he need resting? Got some abuse yesterday by all accounts on some websites. With jesus being out we look at little light up top. What's the answers, another striker or play with a false number 9 as peps team did at barca

he has 6 days to rest and won;t need to chase like he tried yesterday, we need to remember this, it takes him a few seconds out of 90 minutes to change a game

How times have changed eh? We lose our first league game (in January ffs) and the sense in these parts is of a house of cards imploding. Let's just see through a little but of mist here. We lost our LB to injury and used our back-up RB there for the second half. Midfield maestro Silva out with illness. We played OK, but not an 8 or 9/10 performance which is what you need to win at Liverpool. And we gave possession away close to our area and bang, bang, bang quick as you like, we have been clinically punished. The team will learn from that and maybe we go unbeaten again. It's not the end of the world guys. Chins up!!

We also lost a defender early on in the Newcastle away game, and Newcastle's ambitions were so lacking that Pep elected to just substitute Kompany for Jesus, so maybe we don't need to play with four "at the back" on Saturday either.

I'd give Stones a rest, was very poor on Sunday and too many errors in the last 3 games....VK might be fit? I'd rest Sterling as well, not convinced he has been firing on all cylinders the last month or so and a rest might do him good. Happy with either Danilio or Zinchenko at LB, I'd start Bernando over Sterling, hopefully D Silva will be fully fit and available ahead of Ilkay who has played a lot of late.
This game is crucial...1st defeat of the league season just suffered, seriously need to show the rest that it was just a blip and we are not going to be knocked off track.
I'm convinced that 2 wins in our next 2 home games will see us home as the teams around us will lose ground in the next month (Utd to go to Spurs and then Chelsea at home can't see them winning either of those games)

Nothing short of a resounding/comfortable win required. We need to get back on track and show why we became invincible. I do fear Stones s back to last seasons performances though and it seemed all of the games became difficult where we couldnt score. So, I am hoping Aguero steps up to the plate, dont want any last minute winners or struggling to score, he has to prove himself (And tbh all of our scorers need to bring their game).

Newcastle will come with a fleet of coaches in front of their goal. It’s up to us to break them down early, otherwise it will be a long game.

Sam Lee‏Verified account @Sammy_Goal 30m30 minutes ago

City players were in for a post-match debrief this morning but have been given time off until Thursday.

thursday! not a lot of prep time them

I think a good idea by Pep.

The lads need a physical and psychological break.

This their first mid-week without a game since August which is madness when you think about it.

If we can’t beat Newcastle at home we have serious problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.