Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably a one time bonus is less tempting than idk 300/350k pw basic?
But that's how we operate incentivised bonuses which will run into millions meaning the players know they perform they earn on top of the basic add to that the quality of the squad and the best manager in the world and there's a good chance they will pick up some decent bonus payments come the end of the season, which is the way to go,
£400k/week basic for a 29 year old is absolutely ridiculous and we have done the right thing by telling him to take our offer or do one....I'd want Messi for £400k/week

The top players at our club after winning us trophies could likely demand similar wages. They're also all well aware that we can't pretend to be destitute given who our owner is.

In a well-run organisation, with decent managers and employees, people generally come to arrangements that suit both parties. They don’t swagger in with ultimatums and rip each other off.

I doubt KDB expects £400k a week and I doubt City are claiming poverty. He’ll get a much improved deal, I’m sure, but one that serves the club’s interests too.

I don't think we have played a blinder in this saga at all. Essentially, our inability to close the deal has allowed our closest rivals to move in a grab the player from under our noses. If the reports that Sanchez and his agent demanded more money after having agreed a deal are true, then i can understand why the club has taken the decision it has. However, this isn't the first time this season that we have seemingly had an agreement with a player only for it to fall through at the last moment. The Alves fiasco resulted in us over spending on a bang average full back who isn't worthy of lacing the boots of the player we originally wanted.

Hopefully we can grab another forward player in January because the glaring weakness in our squad is up front. Aguero has been a shadow of his former self this season and Jesus wouldn't even be in the side if he wasn't Brazilian.
Kyle walker ain’t bang average.. that’s ridiculous

And before anyone cries 'but it's just a profession!' Well nothing but loyalty is keeping players like De Bruyne here on £200k a week when he could double that elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.