Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does Harry scrape by on £120,000 per week? ...lol Sorry but I just don't get greed at this level.

Haha, I know salaries in general are insane but footballers are usually ego driven that leads them to be rewarded by their status. The KdB’s, Kane’s etc will be thinking they deserve to be at the top table in the near future.

AS would be a risk, he might be good for two years and a spent force for the final 2-3 years.

We’ve done well with Yaya, it’s only really this final season that Father Time has truly caught up with him

Tom's right here, I'm sure zabs, komps & hart signed just before the takeover (If I'm wrong don't hammer me please). But post take over, with Nasri, Adebayor, Yaya, Aguero, Silva et al they were lured because we threw money at them. That's not a criticism, it's just the way it was back then as we had won nothing for so long. Now our position is stronger obviously footballing wise. The filth are kind of in a position similar where trophies aren't a guarantee anymore so have to over pay although not always. Football runs in cycles after all. Irony has it that those aforementioned players are forever City legends (Not Nasri, Adebayor)and have stayed for years in a golden era. Sanchez could be a stellar signing for them if he goes and the filth wont care what he costs.

Yes he's right that players signed for us for the money. But As far as I am aware none behave like Sanchez has. City had agreed terms with him in the summer . He's now gone back on that and is publically tarting himself to the highest bidder. Its sheer greed!

This has a knock on effect. Our Kev will look at this and be thinking if Utd are paying Sanchez £400k a week then I am a better player than him so I deserve the same/more from any new contract. Why would he sign an extended new contract for less than that now when he knows he can wind his down and take his pick at the end of it when the norm for players of his class will be £500k a week at that point...City have to see the bigger picture here, all very admirable coming across as sticking to their guns etc etc but it won't stop players comparing their wages to what's on offer elsewhere.
I wonder, do we think City would go up to £400k per week for the right player in the shorter term and just feel it is not right for Sanchez bearing in mind his age etc etc?
Nah if City cave in they almost have to then listen to the players and perhaps offer their star players more. If what you say was true Spurs wouldn't have the squad they do now(would have lost players long ago because they have been far short for years), we'd also have to agree the sale and we have years on most of their contracts yet. What happens at other clubs is not the same problem as what's happening with players at the very same club.

Exactly. You pay the money to bring these top class players in. I'd actually say that we don't have a bonafide world class player in terms of the attack (KDB and Silva are midfielders) which is what you need in the latter stages of the CL.
We have 4 who are better than Sanchez though, so not sure how relevant that is? (and in what world is Aguero not world class?)

Wonder what Pep really thinks about all of this.....We have been told that Pep agrees with the clubs stance....

The most significant downside longer term - and not just for us - is, wherever he goes, he will raise the benchmark to a new height for what top players in England can expect to get paid.

Nah if City cave in they almost have to then listen to the players and perhaps offer their star players more. If what you say was true Spurs wouldn't have the squad they do now(would have lost players long ago because they have been far short for years), we'd also have to agree the sale and we have years on most of their contracts yet. What happens at other clubs is not the same problem as what's happening with players at the very same club.
Exactly Real, Barca etc can't buy everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.