Alternative striker options

There's something I don't like about Giezmann (aside from his complete lack of taste in fancy dress).

He's another one, like Sanchez, who I just don't fancy.

I'd like more Sané/Jesus sort of stuff.
You and me both!

I think Pep and Khaldoon believe they need a player who is under 25 if they are going to spend real money and give a 5 year deal. That allows some sell on at 29, if needed, or an extension at 28.5 if the player has shown desire, ability, and a good record of being available to play when needed.

We are not onl6 building a world class project at the first team level and Academy, but trying to attract world class personalities that will mesh with the kind of team spirit Pep wants. In addition, Pep is ruthless. You don’t cross him and live to tell about it. People think Fergie was a ruthless dictator, and he showed his temper regularly, but I think Pep is the proverbial iron hand in the velvet glove. He doesn’t give second chances to people who diss him and, if Sanchez has waivered from the deal they clearly had, that’s Sánchez done, over, finito, dead to him. Coincidentally, I think Khaldoon and our owner are EXACTLY the same way! They pays their money, they makes their choice.

City are not fucking around. If this plays out the way it looks like it is going to, with Sanchez going somewhere else, City’s actions and comments will have put every other player who wants to even try to fuck them about on notice: “We are City...don’t fuck with us.”

You and me both!

I think Pep and Khaldoon believe they need a player who is under 25 if they are going to spend real money and give a 5 year deal. That allows some sell on at 29, if needed, or an extension at 28.5 if the player has shown desire, ability, and a good record of being available to play when needed.

We are not onl6 building a world class project at the first team level and Academy, but trying to attract world class personalities that will mesh with the kind of team spirit Pep wants. In addition, Pep is ruthless. You don’t cross him and live to tell about it. People think Fergie was a ruthless dictator, and he showed his temper regularly, but I think Pep is the proverbial iron hand in the velvet glove. He doesn’t give second chances to people who diss him and, if Sanchez has waivered from the deal they clearly had, that’s Sánchez done, over, finito, dead to him. Coincidentally, I think Khaldoon and our owner are EXACTLY the same way! They pays their money, they makes their choice.

City are not fucking around. If this plays out the way it looks like it is going to, with Sanchez going somewhere else, City’s actions and comments will have put every other player who wants to even try to fuck them about on notice: “We are City...don’t fuck with us.”

Don't you think there's also a risk players and greedy agents will think we don't pay enough if somebody is absolutely top drawer, so we'll never be able to get the Neymars, Mbappes, Sanchez, Lewandowski, etc because rags or Chelsea will bend over for the agent? Which although means in principle we may be doing the right thing, but in reality it's detrimental to our success because rivals know we'll baulk when it gets to big boys money. This is the only thing that irks me about how we're run.

Don't you think there's also a risk players and greedy agents will think we don't pay enough if somebody is absolutely top drawer, so we'll never be able to get the Neymars, Mbappes, Sanchez, Lewandowski, etc because rags or Chelsea will bend over for the agent? Which although means in principle we may be doing the right thing, but in reality it's detrimental to our success because rivals know we'll baulk when it gets to big boys money. This is the only thing that irks me about how we're run.
I love what irks you...and I don’t mean that personally.

Agents are agents, but they make money when they help their clients. Helping the best players go to the best teams to work with the best coaches is what the best players want. They make as much, if not more, money from endorsements as they do from actually playing the game, so it behooves them to play for the best teams in the biggest leagues and in the biggest competitions, where you will also get paid pretty damn well, too!

Describes City to a tee.

I think we can forget Griezmann unless we are willing to make a real statement of intent in terms of salary (his buy-out clause is only £89m).
Both Barca and Utd are willing to break the bank for him in terms of salary.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.