Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he wanted to link up with Pep again and he wanted to win trophies, brilliant, sign him up. If he just wants shit loads of cash from someone; anyone, then let that be someone else. Sanchez is a fantastic player when he decides to be but I can only imagine that kind of greedy, primadonna attitude will affect the amazing team spirit City currently have.

Sanchez’s agent wants him to be the highest paid player at the club?! Er, excuse me, am I reading that right? This, for a player who would spend at least some of his time on the bench?
It’s not a question of the transfer fee, it’s not a question of what Sanchez would bring to the team (a lot). City are completely right to walk away. I regret that we’re not getting him, finally, but that demand is completely out of order, if true.
Nothing more to see here. Let’s move on.

He's a selfish player unpopular in the Arsenal dressing room.

If he rocks up with that attitude earning a lot more than anyone else it's the sort of thing that could rock the boat.

We need another forward though and a centre back, a left back and a DM. The squad isn't big enough for 4 competitions.

The problem is that if this deal goes through and he is paid 350k per week then that will become an obtainable rate for a top player and we will have to pay it anyway.

Everyone thought Pogba was expensive until the Naymar deal went through. Now £150m becomes the top rate.

Also, it's a £100m deal all in. If he had 3 years on his contract it would still be a £100m deal. As it stands he's just getting it in wages instead of a transfer fee. I don't really get the sense in pulling out of a player we really need just because we can't get him on the cheap.
They obviously believe that £100m can be put to better use elsewhere. It's a hell of a lot of money for a 29 year old. And if the stories of a 5-year deal are correct, the rags will still be paying Sanchez at least 350k per week when he's 34/35. That's insane and the reason why we generally avoid signing players in that age bracket.

Also, I may be being naive here, but I don't see why 350k per week will become the norm just because that's what the rags are paying him. No one else is paying that kind of money to players who aren't among the very best in the world. Plus Sanchez is only getting that much because his transfer fee is so low; other players won't be able to command that much if they're under contract with their existing clubs.

And personally I don’t think we will miss him, I don’t miss dani alves, I don’t miss Isco, I’ve never missed hazard. We haven’t really suffered this season without Mbappe. We’ve lost 1 game to a team we never win away to anyway ! I’m convinced we will pick up where we left off and then in summer buy an amazing striker/forward and we will all be laughing at this saga

United have fergie to blame for all this. Ok he made them millions but it's coming back to bite them now. Cos he did one they are no longer as attractive. The selfish fuck should have stayed till he made 90.
In order to entice any player worth his salt it's now upwards of 300k a week, they even paid that to Rooney in sheets desperation lol.

Carry on. Add to the debt. You might make top 4 yet.

I think Sanchez is a cracking player and have often sympathised with his form on here to posters who didn't support him moving to City. However, his form this season compared to our current stars makes his (agents) request to pay him a salary that obliterates our wage structure laughable. I commend our upper echelons for not bending to the whims of greedy people.

That said, I hope the impossible happens and Sanchez decides, as he did in the summer, that he'd rather play for City than take bigger money elsewhere. There is still a door open to him and I'd like him to take it.

I understand why United are paying him this much

Sometimes you need to pay more for players to take you to the next level, like what we did when we paid Yaya the reported 220 k a week and made him the highest paid player in the league and he justified it at the end.

I hate United and I am disappointed that Sanchez is moving to them, but lets accept it and move on.

You can’t keep inflating the market for bang average players though ! Where will it end ? You don’t pay what you have to, you keep within the structure of your budget ! You think of the players you have, you think of FFP which is still alive and well. Man united have utter clowns running that club, they are paying over 100 odd million for a guy out of contract in 4 months who is 29.
We need to keep our feet on the ground
I agree, and I'm glad the club is walking away, but that's still the trajectory, and any agent worth their salt is going to play big clubs off against one another.

What it's come down to is that city don't think Sanchez is worth exploding our wage structure for.

I think this is why City is renegotiating a lot of contracts way in advance based on performance: KDB, Sterling, etc. It's sending the message that we're willing to pay at much as anyone, but based on performance at our club. It gives players a financial incentive to keep improving here, and not asking their agents for a next move to get a pay rise.

If he wanted to link up with Pep again and he wanted to win trophies, brilliant, sign him up. If he just wants shit loads of cash from someone; anyone, then let that be someone else. Sanchez is a fantastic player when he decides to be but I can only imagine that kind of greedy, primadonna attitude will affect the amazing team spirit City currently have.
Which was always my concern.

Plus our team thrives on harmony, I think caving in and doing this deal would be bad for morale . United are going to have a lot of unhappy forwards like Rashford, martial, lukaku . Always trying to fit square pegs in round holes. This guy could be free and clear in just a few months but he can’t even wait that long !! Our game relies on heavily on patience and focus and this guy is nothing but rashness and chaos.

Are you my twin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.