Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are missing Bernardo Silva which would make it 5. Also KDB could fill in a slot if need be. I really wanted Sanchez to come, but my response was to someone who pointed what if Aguero and Jesus both are injured. If we were bringing him in competition for Sane, its well and good, but if it was for Aguero and Jesus, its a different story.
Bernardo Silva can play as a forward but I don’t think that’s his long-term position. I see him more as someone who plays behind the forwards, like his namesake.

I wish it translated a lot more into the relationship with supporters, but I do love the show of principle. For me, it's more than winning every trophy because it's the reason we support the Blues. I admire our board standing up and going "no, you're being a ****, so we're not playing ball, and we'll go off and do our best and win what we win but fundamentally we aren't going to stoop to your level to do it".

I like that.

Source is in the public arena.
We declared our position openly. We would only pay max £20m, although Arsenal were asking £35m, and we said our preferred option was to buy him in the summer. Sanchez clearly not happy to stay and wants out this window.

If we had communicated a greater desire to buy him this window and offered a reasonable fee to Arsenal, his agent wouldn't have had a need to approach other clubs, so he wouldn't be stuck there until summer.

BOLLOCKS

He has gone for More. Fucking. Money.

Pay him & he signs.

No, he can fuck off.

I have a similar feeling here, PB. There are too many briefings going on. There's a different story playing out behind the scenes and my guess is that City know the player only wants them and know that they can "stick" if the player refuses all other moves. That leaves Arsenal with two choices: accept our offer or keep the player. I've a feeling this one isn't over yet.
It can be a dangerous game taking media briefings at face value. I've had some insight into a handful of transfer deals and there can be a huge difference between what the papers report and what actually happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.