Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sure about that? Sanchez played 41 games for Barca in his debut season (Guardiola's last as manager) and scored 15 goals. Despite a season punctuated with injuries, upon further research I see he played in 25 La Liga games, starting 20 of them. He also started 4 CL games, 6 in the Copa del Rey, and the first leg of the Supercopa against Real Madrid. So that's 31 starts, not 4. In short, you're talking utter bollocks.
Lol

Sanchez agrees a deal outlined last summer. States strongly we are his choice. January comes around and we may need him due to injury....he being greedy instructs his agent to give united positive signs of a deal being made. Sanchez instigated this so dont fool yourself in thinking united just made an offer...they were given signs from sanchez and his camp

We have a healthy lead at the top of the table, players under Pep who have busted a gut to get us this far already in all competitions. Example - Delph. A player most thought was probably likely to leave has shown his desire and commitment to want to continue playing not only for our club but for the manager

And this greedy twat thinks he can demand the most wage, get his agent a massive pay day, and then waltz into the dressing room and then pick up some medals

Fuck right of Sanchez

And well done our club and making it known by releasing that statement.

Amen that man,absolutely spot on.

No disrespect mate, but I've barely had a word on here or been on here to talk about this at all, so sorry if you're worn down by some posters. That isn't my fault, but you don't seem to understand what my reasoning is, at least.

So, good news when clubs miss on a world class player, no matter what? You sure about that? I could go on, but there are some worrying signs that aren't just made up of nonsense.

Aguero fitting under Pep and his future with the club being one of those (which I am dubious about, so replacing him), and Jesus was not in the greatest form before he was injured either (meaning I have concerns about consistency given his age). Raz and Sane have been fantastic, but we don't have the record of success with them so we don't know fully yet about them (age partially being a factor), even though they are performing well.

I didn't explain, but I'm not worrying about the league, this season.

I'm talking about CL. This season. We have an excellent chance of given what is going on this season and our current draw and it is. Sure, we could become finalists every season, but that seems rather presumptuous.

I'm also thinking about putting ourselves in an even clearer pole position in the PL as other clubs look to improve over the next two windows.

The idea of just sitting whilst you are ahead is exactly how you lose the lead.

You, I would think are intelligent enough to understand that.

Why so against this? I don't get it other than for those, I see, who are more sensitive to players who don't treat us like the prettiest girl at the dance with us in the transfer market.

It's not you, it's all these people bleating about this fucking deal as some kind of disaster & also offering advice on how City should have done this or that, when they know FUCK ALL about any of it.

Just a bunch of spoilt kids who didn't get the exact toy they wanted, telling muumy she's shit.

This fucking clown is a prime example:
If it does turn out to be the case that Sanchez is heading to United, then I would be more angry towards the club than I have been in years. Simply because despite all the oppertunities that have been handed on the clubs laps over the last year or so, we have f**king bottled it over signing Sanchez and in turn it is another example of "Typical City" when it comes to transfers (1).

I mean we have a player that wants to win trophies, wants to earn a (by footballing standards) a good wage, wants to join an ambitious club, wants to play under Pep and had enough of keeping the Gunner's heads above water. Likewise (alongside the fact we had more than enough money to pay the trasnfer fee and the wages/agent fees he is demanding) we have had two whole transfer windows to both actually push this transfer through and to push Sanchez into forcing himself out of the club...

And yet we still have failed to sign him and worse still he ends up signing with United, despite the fact we are as thin as ice when it comes to attacking talent (2), so much so that one more injury to one of those players (this season) could actually cost us a Premier League, a FA Cup, a League Cup or even a Champions League (heck maybe 2, 3 or even all of them) this season or even in future seasons. That is why we needed to sign him in the Summer, that is why we need to sign him now and that is why we should still try and sign him at United at the end of this season (3), no matter how much it cost to the bank balances of the club. Because the fact of the matter is that winning quadruples and usurping Real, Barcelona and United (4) cannot be done on the cheap no matter how painful this fact may be.

That is why I am so angry about how this saga has turned out and that is why as a club we need to learn big lessons if we are to covert our fine form across half a season into domestic dominance (5) across several years (alongside providing a proper challenge to the likes of Real and Barcelona over the Champions League) when it comes to transfers, lessons such as:

1: The willingness to meet player wage demands, agent demands and transfer fee demands no matter how stupid they might seem to us. As long as the player is proven to be quality/world class though, so no more spending £30-40 million on players like Mangala (6) whatsoever. Simply because the club needs them to suceed in its long term goals.

2: The willingness to take seriously the concept of having strength in depth (7), especially when you are comeptiting in both the Premier League and the Champions League (where you have teams from 1-2 team Domestic Leagues able to put more resources in this league than we and the other English clubs currently can)

3: The willingness to be more ruthless when it comes to signing players from other clubs, epscially those who are refusing to sell or are more than willing to demand a hard bargain in the process, most of all when it comes to starting as early as possible when it comes to tapping up players ans when it comes to putting pressure (publically and privately) on those clubs in question.

If we learn these 3 lessons, then the dreams of winning the quadruple (not just this season, but in future seasons as well), domininating our league, doing well in Europe, usurping the established European Clubs (including United of course, but many others as well including Real and Barcelona) and establishing a long-term, profitable and sustainable direction for this club would all become a reality. We have got the management and youth team infrastructure already, we just need the right transfer policy as well.

(1) We should be lucky that United have equally (or even more so) f**ked up in this area under Fergie (Post Ronaldo sale), Moyes and Van Gaal, less so under Mourinho though (with only Lindelof as his only dud sigining). Especially since we have made far too many dud signings oursevles in the past few years and have blown too many missed oppertunities when it came to signing players that have turned out to be world class (Dybala and Pogba especially).

(2) Not surprising when our squad is far, far too thin (in all areas) to be competiting in all 4 fronts, in fact the main reason why we lost to Liverpool above all else (a team which we have no excuses to lose against, not in this day and age anyway). Hence why even Sanchez alone is not going to be enough to address this issue.

(3) Especially when the squad and tatical issues United currently has at the moment, issues which will not be completely solved unless they spend a hell of a lot more than they currently are as well as have Mourinho change his tatics's to ones that less resemble the sort of ones Tony Pulis likes to do.

(4) Which is the only way any club (that is not one of those 3) can make money on a long term and sustainable basis (which in turn is the only way the owners can make money out of all this). Unless you happen to be Bayern Munich, which has the advantages of both a monopoly on the domestic game and the backing of the greats of German business to be able to do this. Advantages we do not have at the moment.

(5) As much as Bayern Munich has done in the Bundesliga and PSG has done in the French Leagues.

(6): To be fair, we are not the only club in Manchester to have spent that much on a defensive flopp (at least at first) as the signing of Lindelof by United has shown.

(7) In other words the need to have 2-3 World Class XI's in our squad.

Telling Txiki & Pep how to compete in more than one competition, absolutely fucking incredible.

I'm not sure I'm at the right fucking club anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.