Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW I'm not having a go at Sterling. He's been magnificent for us this season and removed nearly all my concerns about him. But he WAS poor at Anfield.
Pep has done wonders in Sterling's head this season but Sterling clearly still has problems at Anfield. I don't think we can give him another chance there - we can't afford to play a game of this magnitude with 10 men - which is in effect what we did.

Last edited:
I'm only trying to prove a point that Robertson is not a fullback a winger should be thinking,uh oh I'm in for a tough game today,that is all.

Like I said only last week,I'm happy for Sterling to make me keep my mouth shut,he's been on it this season,but yesterday he reverted to type,as soon as the boos rang out,Guardiolas fault to a degree,even he was asked in his pre match conference about how Sterling could handle it,he said he would be fine,he was wrong,so was Pellegrini a few seasons back as well.

Should of been on the bench and come on to only 30 mins of boos instead of what he got before he was booked,and then rightly hooked

If he could be used as part of the sanchez debacle,I would get the jelly and ice cream out now
I don't think Pep can ever answer anything other than he thinks he can handle it fine, any other answer would sound stupid. On the basis of the season so far I am not to sure that I would ever prefer Bernardo starting in a big match over Sterling, he did well this time but it was when their defense was tiring . Had he started with Bernardo and Sterling came on and played well he would be criticised for not starting with Sterling. There is no doubt that Sterling had a poor game but I am not to sure that it was fear to take his man on . Unless there is space or he is close to the box he doesn't usually take his man on rather he passes and moves , that wasn't really coming off for the whole team on Sunday.

Don't want him starting at Anfield again. He's always shit and he gets the home crowd going.

Hope one day he gets over it unlike Nasri.

I don't think Pep can ever answer anything other than he thinks he can handle it fine, any other answer would sound stupid. On the basis of the season so far I am not to sure that I would ever prefer Bernardo starting in a big match over Sterling, he did well this time but it was when their defense was tiring . Had he started with Bernardo and Sterling came on and played well he would be criticised for not starting with Sterling. There is no doubt that Sterling had a poor game but I am not to sure that it was fear to take his man on . Unless there is space or he is close to the box he doesn't usually take his man on rather he passes and moves , that wasn't really coming off for the whole team on Sunday.

Well let's hope Guardiola has learnt a valuable lesson then,because there is every chance we could meet them again this season,we shall see whether he plays him then or not,and like I said in a previous post,he roasted Robertson the last 2 occasions we played Hull,Sunday however

BTW I'm not having a go at Sterling. He's been magnificent for us this season and removed nearly all my concerns about him. But he WAS poor at Anfield.
Pep has done wonders in Sterling's head this season but Sterling clearly still has problems at Anfield. I don't think we can give him another chance there - we can't afford to play a game of this magnitude with 10 men - which is in effect what we did.
Can’t agree with that. Nine men. Aguero was just as bad.

Aguero got two assists once he started to get service after Bernardo replaced Sterling.
I’ll give you the last one but not Silva’s. He was very poor all game (like Raheem). A skied shot from 30yards in the last minute of extra time was pretty typical of his average contribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.