Alternative striker options

Max Allegri (Juve's manager) on Dybala - "He cannot play centre-forward for a big club, where the distance to goal is much shorter. Just look at his best goals for Juve: they're often when he's running from deeper positions".

He's a replica of Aguero, picks up the ball from deep and dribbles past 3-4 players using pace/technique to score goals. That's not what we want. We need a CF who is a pressing maniac, has a solid first touch, solid hold-up play and always has the pace and awareness to get into the box to latch onto any cross. Basically a Kane, Cavani or Lewandowski like player. Dybala would be as unfit for this team as Aguero.
With a fit 1st choice defence on the pitch I can’t help but feel we’ll be playing two up top, I personally see Pep moulding Jesus into the Cf he wants. Just think Dybala would complement him

Kane would be a great option. I still think we should go for Aubamayang. He would be lethal on our team.

You and me both!

I think Pep and Khaldoon believe they need a player who is under 25 if they are going to spend real money and give a 5 year deal. That allows some sell on at 29, if needed, or an extension at 28.5 if the player has shown desire, ability, and a good record of being available to play when needed.

We are not onl6 building a world class project at the first team level and Academy, but trying to attract world class personalities that will mesh with the kind of team spirit Pep wants. In addition, Pep is ruthless. You don’t cross him and live to tell about it. People think Fergie was a ruthless dictator, and he showed his temper regularly, but I think Pep is the proverbial iron hand in the velvet glove. He doesn’t give second chances to people who diss him and, if Sanchez has waivered from the deal they clearly had, that’s Sánchez done, over, finito, dead to him. Coincidentally, I think Khaldoon and our owner are EXACTLY the same way! They pays their money, they makes their choice.

City are not fucking around. If this plays out the way it looks like it is going to, with Sanchez going somewhere else, City’s actions and comments will have put every other player who wants to even try to fuck them about on notice: “We are City...don’t fuck with us.”

The thing is, we didn't sign Kaka, or Sanchez, Hazard, or Pogba, or DiMaria, or Falcao & now Sanchez (again). There is a strong argument that none of those would start, in our strongest, best balanced, 11.

Some of the other players we absolutely had to sign over the years, are doing nothing now.

Yet there were few people on here saying we had to sign Harry Kane, a few years ago. Not many on here were chasing Jesus or Sane before we were linked.

And many would have insisted on us signing some piss obvous older player instead of playing them & Sterling together.

Now I know it's nostalgia...
He is in great form, carrying his team this year, is available and would die to play for us again and work with pep.

Sos" Balotelli...come in mariooooo

Lol...oh the banter if that happend.

fuck it Icardi release clause is €100m let's throw a bid in and if it fails a £90m bid for kane.

Ha, I imagine Spurs would be after almost double that for Kane in today's market!

I was gonna put 150m but found such a price for any player ridiculous

how about 30m for giroud

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.