VAR (PL introduction 2019)

I watched the game last night and it only strengthened my opinion that VAR is shite and will ruin the game as a spectator sport.
I don't wanna watch the referee, listening to another referee and doing little signals

The worst thing about VAR will be Rooney the rags and Chelsie players constantly chasing the referee around the pitch shouting at him to use the var for every single decision all over the pitch - that will ruin it.

VAR itself is not the problem its knucklehead refs who are so up themselves that they believe in their own infallibility and don't like the idea that technology can show that their decision was wrong. When its been embraced positively by a ref its worked well.

'The right result' ??
Football isn't science or a maths problem that needs solving. It's a simple game with rules that have served it well for over a hundred years. Has all the footy you've seen in your life all been the 'wrong' result?
There was a moment in the Leicester match where Fleetwood had them under pressure and won a corner. The defenders pushed up quickly and the kicker wanted to take a quick corner only for the ref to stop him, stick his finger in his ear and piss about for 30 seconds (for what nobody knows). The momentum was lost, the atmosphere was lost and Leicester got to get their defence organised. This is in the last ten minutes of a cup tie.
And after last nights fiasco with VAR i'm even more convinced it will ruin the game.

VAR itself is not the problem its knucklehead refs who are so up themselves that they believe in their own infallibility and don't like the idea that technology can show that their decision was wrong. When its been embraced positively by a ref its worked well.

Excellent ref in the Chelsea game last night and yet VAR controversy still popped up.

The worst thing about VAR will be Rooney the rags and Chelsie players constantly chasing the referee around the pitch shouting at him to use the var for every single decision all over the pitch - that will ruin it.
Apparently demanding use of the VAR and doing that square thing with your hands at the ref, is bookable in the same way as demanding/waving an imaginary card!

Think it would take a lot of conviction from a ref to book a player for passionately demanding use of the video though, because if a player was that adamant about it you'd expect it'd be because the ref had got it wrong.

Only because clowns like jenas and shearer and smart arsed anchors like lineker made it an issue

No it wasn't, the system itself is the issue. I was overjoyed when Shearer called it a 'shambles', unlike the sky and bt channels who've been bigging up the system whenever they get a chance. Hmmm, wonder why that is?

Apparently demanding use of the VAR and doing that square thing with your hands at the ref, is bookable in the same way as demanding/waving an imaginary card!

Think it would take a lot of conviction from a ref to book a player for passionately demanding use of the video though, because if a player was that adamant about it you'd expect it'd be because the ref had got it wrong.

Yep - chaos.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.