Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Roberts Champions League experience over Zahas then? I agree, I don't want Zaha and don't think Roberts will make it here but I know who i'd give a chance to out of the two.
what all 12 games of it over two seasons including qualifiers? The issue for me is that, you know what some players don't get the chance to test themselves at higher levels and some just don't want to and Roberts falls into the second group

I though he would be ideal as back up for Sane, and the promise of development to get into the England squad might be enough to persuade him.. then I found out he'd written to FIFA and switched to Ivory Coast in 2017?!! Because he's played for England youth, does anyone know if that still counts as homegrown? Or does the Ivory Coast thing count him now as an international??
He was in Palace's academy from 12 so counts as association-trained for PL and UEFA rules, the national team isn't relevant.

Ibra looks a dumb deal now. They were re-building and they go and buy a player who had zero football left in him, and then Mourinho squeals to the press that you can not compare my team with Guardiola's because they are further advanced in their rebuilding!

We know what we are doing, and buy players to fit into a vision of how Guardiola wants to play.

They just seem to pluck star names from thin air without any idea as to what they are doing. Sanchez was a wide forward, perhaps the ultimate wide forward in the game. There's Suarez, Thierry Henry and Alexis Sanchez and he deserves to be considered in that company, but Mourinho goes and buys him when his legs have gone. I hope he plays him instead of martial. That is his position at Arsenal.

Ibrahimovic was a PR stunt for the fans (and also the player), not for the team

The rags have our once derided scatter gun approach to transfers, buying top players who are available rather than filling positions they need. Hopefully it will backfire

The whole thing is a joke. I've said all along that I reckon Moureen's jumped into this transfer as a way of trying to upset our season & get into Pep's head.

However, now he's made an offer of £500k per week in wages & pledged a ridiculous signing on fee & agent percentage, which led to City pulling out & Sanchez accepting it, & now the reality must be sinking in.

He's got a world class forward, paid through the nose to get him, & offered world record wages!! All of a sudden, the fact Pogba, Lukaku, Ibrahimovic & the rest are probably sat bolt upright like meerkats with their grubby paws poised over the speed dial to their agents, must now be giving the Old Toilet money men the willy's!!

This will also have a knock on effect with any future superstars they approach. The wages ManUre must now offer has to be north of half a million quid a week! Imagine if a Griezemann type came along & said 'Well if a 30 year old is worth £500k, how much has a 26 year old gotta be worth hey?

They're making their bed, & they'd better be prepared for a lot of uncomfortable, sleepless nights when they lie in it.... It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch!

As for City, it seems we won't allow ourselves to get angry, we'll just play the long game & get even!
If he is as good as you think he is, then it makes sense for them. They decided to go down the Galatico route some while ago with their signings of Pogba and Ibrahimovic. remember they are not paying a transfer fee for him. I think they are just buying reputation so this deal falls down because of that. Not because of cost. Utd make millions especially when they are title challengers. if he's good as you think, you don't have to worry for their accountants. The problem they have is that he isn't that good.

This deal is good as done to the scum I reckon. Only the finer details to sort out if mickeyterry is involved etc. One thing is for sure, all parties involved will be well rewarded and utd will be picking up the tab for the lot and the figures will be staggering. Glad we're not paying the amounts involved. Slightly pissed off we were strung along by him though, and for that he is a greedy wanker.

They think Sanchez has more to offer them than Miki and Zlaten.

Clearly the Armenian is not a player Mou wants and he has a history of releasing players some of them turning out ok to other clubs.

IMHO Mkhitaryan is a very good player who will succeed at a club/under a manager/coach where his attacking talents are nurtured and he is not bullied, humiliated and stripped of all confidence. And that’s not Wenger. Because he’s just shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.