Fred(Signed for United)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the contrary, I don't share the opinion that Gundogan isn't good.
In comparison to Dihno, I think he is a better passer out of tight spaces, has better peripheral vision, has better dribbling skills, moves around better to make himself an option for a pass and has better control and technique.
He is weaker in the tackle, slower to react defensively, weaker in the air and not as good a presser.

In the end I think performance wise it will come out a wash. Folks will whine when he doesn't go full throat into a tackle, but they'll miss how we keep possession longer and more comfortably transition from defense to offense. The results will stay about the same while folks are busy hoping for Dihno to get back soon.

I think that is an almost perfect analysis of Gundogan's game.

Personally I think we need to have the option to play with two DM - especially to start away games like Liverpool who overloaded on Fernandinho as often as they could.

Don't watch Chelsea except in CL matches and even then I watch Hazard mainly...but now I am wondering whether all the league matches Chelsea have lost this season may have something to do with opposition hoofball targeting Kante? If that turns out to be the case then I struggle to see how Fred will cope better as a single pivot for us next season.

Re: Hazard I'm starting to wonder if he has some calcium deficiency with the number of times he falls in games. Back on topic, go Fred...

Don't watch Chelsea except in CL matches and even then I watch Hazard mainly...but now I am wondering whether all the league matches Chelsea have lost this season may have something to do with opposition hoofball targeting Kante? If that turns out to be the case then I struggle to see how Fred will cope better as a single pivot for us next season.

Chelsea play a back 3 and Bakayoko is often alongside Kante so I wouldn't say that's the case.

Chelsea play a back 3 and Bakayoko is often alongside Kante so I wouldn't say that's the case.

Chelsea fans claim Bakayoko is useless so I was assuming he doesn't help out Kante with defensive duties that much but really I wouldn't know without watching their games.

I only brought up the possibility of people targeting Kante because he is short and Fred even shorter (?). This is with regard to defensive headers of course.

Kante was magnificent for Chelsea last season and a major part of their turnaround. They haven't reached the same heights this season but I don't think Kante being targeted is the reason

Re: Hazard I'm starting to wonder if he has some calcium deficiency with the number of times he falls in games. Back on topic, go Fred...

Re Hazard, I watched him before he came to PL. A lot of people might think I am bonkers to say this but my theory as to why he falls often is that he does it to protect himself from ACL/PCL injuries. He has stated he likes to feel contact with the defender - but then as soon as they touch him down he goes - which stops defenders going through the back of his knee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.