City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

I have no problem with them changing the rules regarding young players.

I do think what City & Chelsea for example have done in the past (not now under Pep & Conte), harvesting excellent young players & effectively taking them off the market, preventing them from a normal development of coming through the ranks & playing in a senior team, is fudamentally wrong & there is no pressure on the cubs to actually use them.

And although the rags have used more of their own products as squad players, they are still doing the same, signing shitloads of players & farming them out.

These kids should be signing for smaller clubs who bring them through.

But I doubt any rule change re this will be for the benefit of 'football' or the kids themselves, it will once again be designed to handicap us.

Surely the Spanish model of having "B" teams in the league would be affected by this. Barca basically loan a team of players to Barca B. The fact they are the same legal entity might come in whereas we have professionals lent to Girona etc. In effect they are the same transactions of player movement? So is the B team an advantage which will allow Spanish teams to get around the 25 player squad rule?
No idea. Tbf, I wouldn't read too much into nonsense published by Le Parisien, it's most probably a touchstone to assess the reaction of general public. No reason to discuss it as thoroughly as we do.

I don't disagree with you at all.

Just look at the NFL for the way to structure a fair sporting competition. There's a salary cap and the team with the worst record gets pick the best young player for the following season.

Football is broken it's ridiculous that clubs such as; us, rags, spurs, arsenal, chelsea and liverpool can have better players on the bench than teams like; Huddersfield, Brighton, Burnley, West Brom, Swansea and Watford can have in their starting 11.

Football isn't really much of a sport anymore. The games are getting worse with teams parking the bus as it's the only thing they can do due to the competitive disadvantage they have.

The same rule applies in the NHL which will see teams deliberately throw games near the end of the season in order to finish dead last.
Teams being rewarded for being shit is just about as wrong as it gets. I've seen it happen many times here in Toronto, where the Maple Leafs are the biggest team in the NHL yet are owned by people that couldn't care less about being a winning team.

As these potential new rules only apply you UEFA I'm sure with our sister clubs we can find a solution.

You're damn right baby.
gNa6J_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

Lol

Dr Cox!
Love that show.

The premier league is becoming a two tier league. It was always skewed towards the big clubs but the gap is widening season by season.

The end of the boom could be near if we are seeing noncompetitive games where one side is just parking the bus in the hope that they may scrape a point out of it. The only games worth watching are where top six clubs are involved. The rest is boring dross with very little quality

The problem is for any changes to work it would have to be Europe or even world wide. There are a group of protectionist clubs aided and abetted by Uefa that dont want to make it an even playing field. They want to behave as if they invented the game and that without them it wouldn't exist or be a spectacle that anyone would want to watch let alone pay money for. They want to take any risk out of their business

Eventually the bubble will burst and things will change, until then the gravy train will keep on trucking

It looks like you can still loan players out as long as they are under 21. Not sure how they would define if they were part of the senior squad or not..Joe Hart clearly would be but the others aren’t.

Premier League won’t go for the transfer spending limits at a guess. Wasn’t a problem until 5 clubs made it to the last 16 of the CL and Spain/Germany could see the writing on the wall.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.