Bristol City (Carabao Cup SF) Post Match Thread

Bravo has done quite a lot to get us to Wembley - Why all the moans on here.?
No doubt he will play at Wembley.
I even heard it said that Zinch. who moved back - to defend - their second goal - should have stayed forward keeping in line with the 2 CB's.
YCNMIU. There are a lot of critics - even when we have reached a Wembley Final

Some just can't get it in their heads that the system we play will leave us open to conceding the odd goal like we do but the reality is for every goals we concede which might be a bit shit on the eye, we will score 3/4/5 and that's all that matters.

They also need to realise that our defenders dont have the option of hoofing it clear as its just not allowed under Pep.

he wants them to find a pass, always and he accepts the risks that goes with it because he knows it wins him games of football.

Our fans need to accept it as well instead of the weekly, "we cant defend" bollox.

The goals we conceded had nothing to do with the system. They were just crap.

Good win.
Glad Pep went strong. Only concerns are Stones "Last Season" defending and Zinchenko not covering the guy on the back stick (twice)

We'll get humiliated if we defend like that in the latter stages of the Champions League. Stones has been awful since he returned from injury. Making really basic defensive errors. The kind that just shouldn't be seen at this level.

On the positive, this was easily Bernardo's best game. Walker and Kevin performed to their usual high standard. Bravo had another solid performance. Zinchenko did well, especially considering that the opposition tried to isolate and target his side. Fernandinho came back strong after a poor showing against Liverpool.

The real shame is Bristol City will not fill that stadium again , because the extra 15k they had tonight will go back to watching the Rags on telly to join the other 659m , brilliant support from our fans , loved the "where were you on Friday night" chant , after all the shit they spewed when they mustered 8k fans at our place. We managed the game well tonight , you could see in the latter stages at 2-0 our players were not risking getting clattered and we let in a couple of soft goals but no harm done we are at Wembley , we beat the team the Rags could not and we will take their League Cup from them , fortunately we are not shit enough to take their Europa Cup.
I popped on to wish you the best of luck in the final, which I do.
Your post is incorrect. We give Championship sides the whole of the stand your supporters were in tonight and are averaging just over 20,000 home fans leaving 3,000 empty 'home' seats not the 15,000 you mention.

Anyway, I've enjoyed your company Cityzens and all the best for the final / Prem / FA cup / Champions league. You have a devastatingly good side. Until we meet again!

I'm saying Nico looked off today, not the previous games (with Eddie)

Further, it's irrelevant whether Bravo's penalty saves are the reason we are where we are. That has nothing to do with his defender's confidence in him should they make a mistake or fail to clear a challenge.

While I'm saying John did not exactly appear solid in previous games, when Claudio wasn't playing, was he? And it's hardly irrelevant since Claudio has proven reliable this season. So I'm not going to play this ridiculous blame game. It's unfair. I think this forum has had enough of that last season, I'm sure you would agree we should leave it behind?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.