Past Players Pep would have loved to have had from our past

saw my first city game in 1948 so i have seen a lot.pep would definitely loved dave watson as centre back,glynn pardoe at left back and colin bell as everything else and also don't forget that denis law was a city player before going to italy and then united

Dont know if hes been mentioned but i wonder if the right person had of got hold of michael johnson things could have been different for him.

He looked as though he could go all the way.

Maybe he was just not equipped for being a pro, maybe he could be leading englands midfield in Russia

Absolutely. Hartford was IMHO the perfect type of midfielder for Pep. He may have even improved Asa's shooting as well. He must have held the record for hitting the B in the Tetley Bittermen advert on the top of the Platt Lane. A great player though.
Haha yeah his shooting was a bit erratic at times.

Tommy Caton

Bobby Macdonald

Ian Bishop

Kazzy Deyna

Gary Owen

Without doubt Glyn Pardoe, still the best left back I've seen at City. Obvious others, Bell, Lake, Michael Johnson and Tevez.

Pre-takeover? These could have played for Pep maybe. All knew how to look after the ball first and foremost and the team has a combo of pace and football brains.
Bert
Lake Curle Caton Phelan
SWP The King MacKenzie Barnes
Lee Tueart​

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.