Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every rag fan site on YouTube believes all this bullshit, I could post links but don't want to give them the clicks.
It shows the state of mind in raggydom these days.
They can’t understand the concept of having the money but choosing to spend it on the right players for the team, rather than throwing staggering sums at high-profile shirt-selling mercenaries

Watching North West Tonight and the sports round up...apparently it's Yeovil v Man Utd tonight and the on Sunday it's Cardiff v Man Utd. If it wasn't for Beccy Barr I wouldn't even bother"

The Sun today has Mourinho claiming we are making up an excuse by saying we could not afford Sanchez after he chose them over us.

Nobody buys that surely? He chose their money over ours is the reality.

There is no mention of why we chose not to pay, only the insistence that City or Chelsea could have done. And that if this been a normal transfer then the fee for Sanchez would have been £100 - £150 million! So we would have paid the same as United all told then.

Except of course this is real life and not the world of make believe and he wasn't worth anything like that price.

Or is he saying in a straight swap Mickytaryan was worth anything remotely like that?

Yet immediately below the Sun have a very telling list of what PL players are being paid and this shows Sanchez.

They do not point it out but it leaps out at you that KDB and Aguero combined are getting around what Sanchez is on his own.

Meaning I assume he thinks they are basically each half the player Sanchez is?

And if you add Pogba to Sanchez combined they are equal to KDB, Aguero, Silva and any other City player you choose.

In nobody's reality but his is that good value.

I was talking to a Rag mate about this. We've restructure player deals around achievements rather than basic pay. Another sign of how sustainable we are as a club now.

Media reporting likely much lower TV deal rise next time around...at some point that bubble will burst and some will be caught out.

I doubt it will be us.

Got this from comments:

He was in the youth set up at the turn of the millennium. Released in 2004. Never had a professional contract. Never got within a mile of the first team squad. Still, it wouldn’t be the Evening News if they missed a chance to attach a negative slant to anything relating to their local club

Typical MUEN tbh.

The sad thing is everyone and I mean everyone in the media is covering this as 'Ex City Player' i tiried finding this twunt on the internet and couldn't, unless I scrolled through every city player in ?Citys Wiki page (which I didn't) I couldnt find anything, so who has given this the the press ? has no one checked their facts ? N.B. no they haven't because a hell of a lot of them are cut and paste, one news source blighted the rest. One hopeful youth player NOT on a contract gets done, I suppose that makes us a massive club !

The sad thing is everyone and I mean everyone in the media is covering this as 'Ex City Player' i tiried finding this twunt on the internet and couldn't, unless I scrolled through every city player in ?Citys Wiki page (which I didn't) I couldnt find anything, so who has given this the the press ? has no one checked their facts ? N.B. no they haven't because a hell of a lot of them are cut and paste, one news source blighted the rest. One hopeful youth player NOT on a contract gets done, I suppose that makes us a massive club !
Actually the judge brought it up in sentencing. Spoke about how he'd had a promising career as a Premier League player, a questionable statement in itself.

On GMR Sports tonight, Bill Rice the United Reporter talking about Sanchez commented " City dropped out for some reason " It annoys me that he ignores the real reason along with most of the Reds Fan base who talk of History, MONEY talks and City quite rightly were not going to be blackmailed by Sanchez and his agent.

Talking GMR anyone know what's happened to Andy Buckley in recent weeks.

Actually the judge brought it up in sentencing. Spoke about how he'd had a promising career as a Premier League player, a questionable statement in itself.

So who fed the judge a pack of lies ? Defence barrister ? did no one check any facts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.