Darts walk on girls chalked off.

Fit men don't do darts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder:
2n37d.jpg

Keep it. Send it back. It’s up to GOSH. They will likely receive more in donations by sending it back. It’s a calculation based on good publicity. It’s having your cake and eating it. Next will be a fund raising drive based on ethical funding to ensure little Timmy is not harmed. I could spin it into a cash positive before I had my morning coffee so I’m sure GOSH can and will.

I don't know what's worse; your lack of knowledge of PR or your lack of humanity. Do a quick google search of 'Great Ormond Street Hospital' and tell me what you see. You'll see the two biggest national newspapers ripping the decision to shreds. You'll see little Timmy's parents (read children who are extremely sick and dying) slating the decision. If you watch television, you'll see surveys with up to 88% of (mainly female) viewers disagreeing with the decision. The negative publicity that this decision will create will have sadly have long ramifications for GOSH in the long term given the strength of feeling that the vast majority of people have that GOSH shouldn't be used as a political football.

This isn't £530K to be speculated with or 'spun into a cash positive' or to be put into some kind of PR machine, this is money to be spent treating ill children ffs.

"Sorry little Timmy, we're gonna have to turn off your life-support machine, your Dad's parked on double yellows".

So rather than reading my words you project your own interpretation.

generally does not equal only.
Feminists does not equal a movement.

If we were to reverse this statement and ask how many men or women who have found value in their beauty want to remove beauty as an acceptable value trait we may find that generally most do not but some will.

By reducing things to absolutes you leave no room for thought.
Defending a crude generalization by claiming that you only used the word "generally" not "only." That's gotta be a first. The idea that the women who (generally) oppose being judged on looks do so because they don't have any looks themselves is about as accurate and useful to the debate as the idea that men who oppose this move are fat, middle-aged perverts who can't get laid. Both are bullshit arguments designed to shut down the opposing opinion rather than actually engage with it.

Anyway, the point was not whether or not beauty is an acceptable value trait, where relevant, just the different criteria that men and women have to deal with in this particular area. There's a running joke on 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown where the prizes are demonstrated and handed out by muscly blokes in tight pants. The only reason this works as a joke is because the idea of an attractive bloke being asked to stand next to something to enhance it is inherently ridiculous. There are certain jobs where looks are important, such as modelling, and both men and women are judged on their looks equally. However, success in most jobs should be based on competence, experience and expertise. And yet throughout history, and even in the present day, there are plenty of examples of women still being judged on looks in these jobs in a way that men are not. And that's why plenty of women will oppose these sorts of "women in decorative roles" kind of jobs and lots of companies are keen to distance themselves from this kind of thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.