City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Martin Samuel has done a great article and he highlights why this is likely to come in. It is to stop us. Last I heard Samuel was not part of the Manchester City Conspiracy Forum that regularly gets slagged off on here. He is an independent, well respected journalist and he says quite simply it is to stop us (and PSG)
Yes, but the naysayers and ostriches never appear in these threads because they can't defend it.

Yes, but the naysayers and ostriches never appear in these threads because they can't defend it.

i also typed it wrong, it should of course read The BlueMoon Conspiracy Forum glad you knew what I meant.
He even says in his article that the original FFP was meant to tackle debt but that would have adversely affected the rags so they didnt implement it, instead they brough in FFP 1 which we supposedly fell foul off but it did not stop us. For that sole reason they are bringing in FFP 2. I didnt say that Martin Samuel did. But of course there is no conspiracy.

Martin Samuel has done a great article and he highlights why this is likely to come in. It is to stop us. Last I heard Samuel was not part of the Manchester City Conspiracy Forum that regularly gets slagged off on here. He is an independent, well respected journalist and he says quite simply it is to stop us (and PSG)

Yep, he mocks conspiracy theorists regularly. I think on Wednesdays he has a column where he takes down some of the correspondence sent to him. I fully expect this week's to have a lot aimed at his praise of City.

This will backfire on the so called istory clubs just as FFP1 did. Unless the clubs get all there so called signings in before this comes into effect down the line they will become croppers. eg The rags have 100m net to spend, the 100m could be straight cash which to them them is no problem but because of inflated market the player they want is costing 150m. They would have to sell enough of their players so that the end result is 100m net. Who the fuck would want to buy any of the rags players for 50m? Same with RM they have targeted a spend of 650m (according to press), one assumes they will offload Ronaldo and Bales for large amounts to compensate, who the hell could afford those sums of money for worn out players.

I actually think the model ourselves and Chelsea have of signing loaning and then selling is the way forward but no doubt that will be outlawed.

Finally to be fair to UEFA they will use this as an excuse to curb transfer fee inflation but that has been caused by the Rags, Liverpool Real Madrid Barca and PSG so I am not certain why they think these regs will only affect us.

Tin hat on.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this does come to pass, does it not give the elite (arguably all) players even more bargaining power?

Knowing full well that clubs will only have a £90m transfer deficit to deal with, they purposely run their contracts down; the buying club get a lower or "free" deal and the player can name his price.

Or does the deficit include wages as well?
Took this post from Cafe, I think it explains the Big Boys' anti-PL plan very well (written by Utd supporter if I'm not mistaken):
The difference is the likes of Bayern, Real & Barcelona don't want to have to spend this amount. They want to be able to cherry pick the best players from their leagues at the minimum cost possible.

Bayern for example want to be able to sign the best Bundesliga players, whilst paying the smallest possible fee's. In fact I'd go one step further and say Bayern want to get players to run down their contract to sign them on a free. They would have been incredibly irritated by City snatching De Bruyne, Sane & Gundogan; as historically they'd have probably gotten all three for a minimal fee. Likewise their reported interest in Sanchez was curbed the second they heard of his salary demands which could have been met by multiple PL clubs. Barcelona likewise are naturally furious that PSG were able to trigger Neymar's release clause, but also that Liverpool could hold out for £140m, rather than the much smaller £65m they were able to sign Suarez for. They tried all the tricks in the book with transfer requests and even pushed him to go on strike... But the net result was having to write a £140m cheque. I'm sure Real Madrid are likewise getting nervous about the quoted costs to replace Ronaldo/Benzema/Bale - the £200m fee for these three combined players is likely to not even be enough to sign one forward like Harry Kane.

Bayern, Madrid & Barcelona are likely to always have a higher revenue than Liverpool. However when Liverpool can offer a larger transfer fee than any of those three (and indeed anyone full stop) have ever spent on a central defender, along with a weekly salary comparable to any defender in the world, it decreases the amount leverage that those three clubs have historically had. If Hummels had 2 years left on his contract in the current climate - The likes of United, City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal would have the funds to offer them £75m, meaning Bayern would either have to pay up or step back, as they did with De Bruyne, Sane etc. Likewise if Suarez were now leaving Liverpool - Barcelona would have to pay a Coutinho type fee as they'd know there would be 3-4 other clubs willing to spend a nine figure sum on him (unlike the other offer at the time - Arsenal £40,000,001)

The fact that United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs & Liverpool all have a transfer record that is now higher than Bayern's illustrates why they're pushing for change.

Probably already been posted elsewhere but this probably has a lot to do with it(send this to every oil money spouting rag you know):
Broadcasting Income Comparison:

Domestically up there with anyone and most likely still rapidly growing in Europe since Pep arrived, especially on this seasons form. Most watched PL club in the US last figures we had, working on China, probably have eyes on South America with the Brazilian summer tour proposals if we are not yet already the most watched PL club. Things are looking pretty good for us and they don't like it.

well as I have said on here many times, here in south America we are no 1 news, all the sports programmes start with city, spend hours talking about city, then Chelsea, then a snippet on united and the arse. Liverpool and spuds are considered also rans. at the moment we have south America sewn up, how long that will last I don't know.

well as I have said on here many times, here in south America we are no 1 news, all the sports programmes start with city, spend hours talking about city, then Chelsea, then a snippet on united and the arse. Liverpool and spuds are considered also rans. at the moment we have south America sewn up, how long that will last I don't know.
Hardly surprising mate, we're playing a style that's like the best of South American football with a healthy dose of Arrigo Sacchi.

Great article by Samuel who puts most of his media colleagues to shame. I think we are heading for a massive battle between the Premier League and the likes of Bayern, Barca, and Real. I'm not sure United are even part of the cartel any more as they will also lose out long-term if FFP2 comes in. The fight is now between the top English clubs, who are bloated with TV money, and the rest of Europe. It will be interesting to see how it pans out. I wonder if our ongoing split with the EU will influence things.

Great article by Samuel who puts most of his media colleagues to shame. I think we are heading for a massive battle between the Premier League and the likes of Bayern, Barca, and Real. I'm not sure United are even part of the cartel any more as they will also lose out long-term if FFP2 comes in. The fight is now between the top English clubs, who are bloated with TV money, and the rest of Europe. It will be interesting to see how it pans out. I wonder if our ongoing split with the EU will influence things.
I agree.
I think this is instigated by La Liga and aimed against the EPL clubs and curtailing the advantage their huge TV revenue provides.
La Liga feel threatened and are desperate to stay prominent. When Neymar left shit hit the fan which has prompted this new FFP2.
Hope they fall flat on their face the greedy hypocrits

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.