Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez! £50+ million replacement for injured Sané? That’s insane.

It would be a good coup mind you, and even when Sané comes back I don’t think Mahrez would drop immediately to the bench. Depending on form he could give either Sané or Sterling a run for their money.

If it’s true though that Mahrez has handed in a transfer request then I expect competition from Arsenal too
7DYTWhJ.gif

It would be a good coup mind you, and even when Sané comes back I don’t think Mahrez would drop immediately to the bench. Depending on form he could give either Sané or Sterling a run for their money.

If it’s true though that Mahrez has handed in a transfer request then I expect competition from Arsenal too
Knowing we are bidding for him I think Arsenal will stay clear

£75 million should do it.
Is he worth it?
Absolutely!!

This is the clearest indication from our owner that he wants the quad and let’s face it we are in an excellent position to deliver the unbelievable this year.
The only player we will be signing in the summer is Fred. That will make for a very stable pre-season indeed.
Makes sense to get the cheque book out now.
God I love this!!

its not propaganda. when everyones fit mahrez will be second choice imo. who does he get ahead of ? sane and sterling when fit are better players. if diaz goes on loan and comes back he has the exact same problem at this year - no room on the bench and who does he replace ?

I think they'd just rotate. Pep kept Coman/Costa on rotation and managed to work in Ribery and Robben. I think he could probably manage the 3/4 wide players without much issue especially since Bernardo is really more of a CM

Mahrez is decent but outside their title season where he was phenomenally everywhere on the pitch, he is normally inconsistent. on inconsistency I would put him in the same bracket as Dmitri Payet.

He has his moments and I can see how he can improve under Pep, but there is that risk that he goes thru bad form and affect the ruthlessness of our play. If we are to temporarily replace Sane we should look for like for like, a pacy winger who can beat a few players to the box. Or might as well get a forward who can play left of the front 3.

If we get Mahrez I would cheer him no less. A very good player that I feel needs a lot of coaching.

Typical first sentence.

He wouldn’t be a replacement. Right now we Kun/an injured Jesus for the #9 role and an injured Sane for LW and Sterling for RW. Bernardo is not a winger but Pep plays him there because he doesn’t have any other options.

Pep said he won’t buy another #9. But we do need someone to rotate with Sane and Sterling. Mahrez is that player, we are just trying to accelerate the purchase (now instead of summer)

Why can so many people not see this is NOT because of Sane. It might have tipped the time scale a bit. But Mahrez is instead of Sanchez not because one player is injured. He was being considered when Sane was 100% fit.

We did not just bid for Sanchez because of an injury. As soon as that deal went south we started considering who we would go for next and likely had considered Mahrez ages ago as an alternative.

Probably might have waited to the Summer had Sane's injury not happened. But likely would have happened at some stage.
Hallelujah

Too much Gough thinking about this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.