Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
You won't get a penny higher than 30 million if you don't sell up now. You're better off just taking the money and giving Mahrez the move he wants.
He's far too good for your club and deserves a bigger stage.

Ooooo don't like that last sentence. Very un City like even if I know where you are coming from.

Would this be happening if Sane wasn't injured? No.

Would this be happening if we weren't scared of FFP 2.0? No.

This is panic buying at its best.

Is Mahrez a very good player who will probably play very well in an excellent team? Yes. But it's a sad state of affairs that football has arrived at the point where you shell out close to 100 million pounds, to cover an injury for a few months, rather than give an academy player a chance.
Why were we trying to sign a 29 year old Sanchez in the same position when everyone was fit last Summer then?

You can’t operate a team that plays with wide forwards in a front three when there are only two actual wide forwards in the squad.

We’ve literally winged it this season by relying on the two wide forwards we have to stay fit and suspension free, by playing players out of position to cover them when they’re not there (Jesus BSilva deBruyne DSilva Diaz Foden - not a single one of these players is a wide forward and we don’t have a single other in the squad).

We also don’t have a single forward bang in their prime years. I always say 26-29 year’s old. Kun is nearly 30. Sterling Sané and Jesus are 23 22 and 20.

Mahrez is a wide forward who is 26 who has four years Prem experience and has won a Prem title and POTS. Name another player in world football who ticks all those boxes? £90m for that when 25 year old Coutinho went for £145m and Sterling was £50m but was 21, seems about right.

We aren’t looking for someone to cover an injury for a few months, trying to sign Sanchez twice shows that. We are looking for a player in his prime who has top Prem experience who can play left or right of a front three for the next four years until our younger lot get into their prime.

I feel like driving to the CFA and telling Txiki to shove £90m in cash into my boot and I’ll drive to Leicester and deliver it and drive Mahrez back myself this makes so much sense for our squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.