Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the tv money that is inflating the transfer market. In a world where mid-table English clubs have a higher turnover than some of the top Spanish and Italian clubs, it simply isn't worth their while to let their best players go for £30m.

£60-£70m might sound insane, but tbh i think we're wasting ours and Leicester's time by pretending it'd be decent business for them to let him go for any less than that. He's twice the footballer the likes of VVD and Lukaku are.
It seems the smaller clubs are inflating the transfer market , they can’t really demand huge fees like £70m-£90m for players then cry they can’t compete !! £30m for Jonny Evans !! The fee asked for Troy Deeney ?

They are the ones taking the piss not us

They're asking that money because the big boys are pumping silly sums on players. The money from the premier league has warped things and we all take the blame on that as we're all part of it. But then you have the state owned stuff going on like PSG, oil money like Chelsea and you that floods the market with cash. (I have no problem with it by the way, people should be able to spend what the hell they want).

If Liverpool pay £75m for a CB, when saints go to get a replacement they are going to find the price has gone up for them. That's just how it is, we're all part of it. But the more money that floods the market the worse it will get, no point in pretending that it's not going to have an effect.

If this is legit then I can see it happening. 70 million in today's market for a 26 year old player of his quality seems fair enough. Due to our injuries we need him and he is still a great addition and option when everybody is fit. We were going to pay 60 million for Sanchez who is almost 30.
Sanchez was 29 in December! Last month he was 28 and Mahrez was 26!

Good post... I was starting to feel a little anxious about the jibes from all quarters... some of the more honest fans say they wish they were in this position.. most hate us..

Having read your comments I am more energised to give it to the fuckers on Twatter
To be fair nearly everyone slated United when they got Sanchez. "pep or money? ". They've had as much criticism as we've ever had by paying Sanchez those wages.
Being a club who spends alot of money we are always going to attract negative press. As long as we are doing the business on the pitch nobody's opinions to us can really affect us.

How confident are you Tolmie ?? I just can't see City going any higher than 60m based on previous Transfers..

We have to shit or get off the pot.

It's bad form to turn up 24 hours before the window, 'allegedly' establish the player wants to come, then haggle all through the day.

I can see a conclusion/deadline no later than Leicester kick-off tonight, surely?

It’s what they quoted ! They wanted £50m in the summer for mahrez ! Just because Neymar goes for big bucks doesn’t mean everyone can start throwing stupid numbers around. The smaller clubs are driving prices up.

I don't think you can't blame them though. If their player is a real asset to the team, why should they not ask for the best price possible ?

It's down to the potential purchaser to decide if the player is worth what is being asked.

It's nothing new really in transfer negotiations imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.