Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
All we can say for sure is we will know when it is off when City make a statement to pull the plug

We have to shit or get off the pot.

It's bad form to turn up 24 hours before the window, 'allegedly' establish the player wants to come, then haggle all through the day.

I can see a conclusion/deadline no later than Leicester kick-off tonight, surely?

Totally agree , we have instigated this move , and should be trying to get the deal done, if we are withing striking distance of Leicester 's demands.

Surely if this don't go threw...he's going on the Injury list till the end of the season....no way is he going to turn up for them again
I think he's a bit too professional for that. Let's not forget how close the Sanchez deal was in the summer, and he was definitely wanting away.

All that said, I'll stick with my first thoughts on this - really can't see it happening.

He would be a fantastic acquisition, look at all the games to come, all the injuries, we need quality forwards like Mahrez. Yes Jesus and Sane will be back, but will they be back on form? Who knows, sometimes these injuries have a mental effect too. After you have been whacked running at speed it kind of sticks in your head, anyway I’m blathering on, this guy is class, get it done!

They're asking that money because the big boys are pumping silly sums on players. The money from the premier league has warped things and we all take the blame on that as we're all part of it. But then you have the state owned stuff going on like PSG, oil money like Chelsea and you that floods the market with cash. (I have no problem with it by the way, people should be able to spend what the hell they want).

If Liverpool pay £75m for a CB, when saints go to get a replacement they are going to find the price has gone up for them. That's just how it is, we're all part of it. But the more money that floods the market the worse it will get.

Agreed, I think it's bizarre that people would blame "smaller" clubs for inflating the market. The buyers and the sellers are all complicit in it along with the outside parties pumping more and more money into the game. At the end of the day, a buyer decides if a player will bring enough benefit to the side that it's worth paying £x for them. The seller decides if the £x being offered outweighs the cost of losing the player (or if it's worth the hassle of keeping an unhappy player). If any of those needs aren't met it won't happen. Selling clubs can only inflate prices up to the point that buyers are still willing to pay them, and they're well within their rights to do that. The elite clubs are the ones pushing for more FFP rules to ensure clubs can't get their funds from outside investment. If that's the case, they're going to have to suck up the fact "smaller" clubs will need to generate more from transfer fees etc.

I'd pay the money immediately , what's the point of being loaded if you don't gain advantage out of it.
I've noticed the media are reporting all the transfers like they're fans of said club ,all excited like its Christmas until they get to our then the tone changes ,little sly digs , blatantly comparing our spending to some countries spending , rich bastards basically , they don't report on any other club in this way.
What really annoying is some of our fans have fell for it , almost embarrassed for signing the best players , just fucking stop it ,hold your heads up high & be proud of this great club with its great but chequered history. We are building a fantastic once in a lifetime team here so ignore the jealous/racist tossers in the media,they hate us anyway.

Absolutely spot on mate, thats why when my rag and dipper mates chime in i'm happy to shut em down with "aww dont be jealous ya cutey, ya know you wish you had half the players we do"

What's 8m in scheme of things though,pay the fucking 70 and get him in I say,don't want this falling flat at 10.58 tonight on way home from match,get it done this afternoon ffs.

P/S - - Put petrol up a penny a litre tomorrow Sheikh Mansour,sorted then :)

All the deals in the past few years put together which Txiki has shaved off 5 mil, is the difference between being in for Mahrez now & not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.