Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give the boy a break. Despite the miss, if there was anyone one capable of getting us back to the lead, apart from KDB, Sterling was that guy. I know Pep was really pissed at Sterling but I can't help but think that if that miss occurred when the scoreline was 1-1, Sterling could have still remained on the pitch.

His miss obviously changed the whole momentum of the match.
They were a boxer on the ropes and Sterling fluffed the final act.

However, it was tired legs and injuries that didn't help today.
Any attack missing Silva , Sane and Jesus will be significantly weakened.

Today is probably the wrong day to say this.....after the miss it looks like a knee jerk reaction.......but I feel we need an upgrade to Sterling.
He has had a really good season.....playing in a fabulous side and is responsible for a fair number of points with his goals, but I feel a player like Mahrez would have had at least a similar number of goals and assists because of the way we play.
His main asset is his pace.....but his first touch, ball control and even his finishing are poor.......he struggles to strike a ball correctly ( even though we are all extremely thankful,a number of his goals have been mishits)
When Sane is running at the defenders there is always a feeling that he will end up with a goal or a cross that provides a chance ( even though he can frustrate)
We are striving to be the best......he wouldn’t get into Europe elites first eleven.

Last edited:
Just one of those days for him.
he will bag a hat trick next week.

Today is probably the wrong day to say this.....after the miss it looks like a knee jerk reaction.......but I feel we need an upgrade to Sterling.
He has had a really good season.....playing in a fabulous side and is responsible for a fair number of points with his goals, but I feel a player like Mahrez would have had at least a similar number of goals and assists because of the way we play.
His main asset is his pace.....but his first touch, ball control and even his finishing are poor.......he struggles to strike a ball correctly ( even though we are all extremely thankful,a number of his goals have been mishits)
When Sane is running at the defenders there is always a feeling that he will end up with a goal or a cross that provides a chance ( even though he can frustrate)
We are striving to be the best......he wouldn’t get into Europe elites first eleven.

Would Mahrez get as many chances to score as Sterling?

The poor lad really was frustrated, like us.

When he was in great attacking positions he nearly had any idea what to do to get behind his man. Didn't look too good...
His link up play with Sergio was a mess, for both of them.

On the left wing he should be prepared for a tap in with his left foot. Or he has to turn his body towards Walker to use his right foot.
Anyway, he simply should forget about this day and enjoy the days off.
He absolutely has deserved the short break after all his effort.

Wasted on the left wing as he has to come inside and take the ball with his right. Had a great season but still needs to improve his finishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.