Match of the Day - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, the way I read your message I thought you were saying they deserved to be both sent off....

No problem.
Silva's was definitely a yellow, a bit like the kick that Aguero got on Sunday.
Fernandinho is a ref's call thing - could have gone anywhere from nothing to off, depending on view/Madleyness.

No problem.
Silva's was definitely a yellow, a bit like the kick that Aguero got on Sunday.
Fernandinho is a ref's call thing - could have gone anywhere from nothing to off, depending on view/Madleyness.

Yeah, I think the ref got them both correct. Only thing he did right all night like...

Stuff like this is why i do not watch it. I have said it before, how a faceless editor can influence the game so much is beyond me. I say that as when MOTD do highlight stuff the FA or whoever tend to act.

All dodgy decisions or contentious issues should be highlighted no matter who the team. To cherry pick is to set an agenda even if it is the editors own whims, it is still an agenda. It may not even be nefarious or underhand but still an agenda even if it is the editors simple desire to show a game how he feels it went. To a certain extent they set the narrative of a match and how it is later perceived and they know this very well.
I e-mailed them after MOTD failed to show the Lumpkaku double kick at the player on the line in the Rag's v Brighton game. I got the usual BS answer. Apparently, nobody in the studio, or in the editorial team spotted the incident even though I'm sure the commentator mentioned it at the time. Funnily enough, Lumpkaku didn't get a retrospective ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.