Match of the Day - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't show Diaz's chip - ****z
Or the blatant Penalty for taking Silva out.
I wish that chip had gone in - he's going to be some player. And thanks to Leicester he now has his chance to show it while Sane is injured.

They did and reviewed it... but then said "David Silva got away with one..." completely ignoring McClean's foul

They didn't ignore McClean. The commentator said it was a dreadful challenge, they showed him being booked for it, and I think the studio people said it was a bad one.

Silva's looked like an overstretch, and didn't have a lot of force. Definitely a yellow, but it did seem odd to compare it to Phillips.

They didn't ignore McClean. The commentator said it was a dreadful challenge, they showed him being booked for it, and I think the studio people said it was a bad one.

Silva's looked like an overstretch, and didn't have a lot of force. Definitely a yellow, but it did seem odd to compare it to Phillips.

to put it in the casual viewer's mind that we're just as bad and deserve all the challenges we get, whilst being PC and telling the truth in a brief discussion about it. People won't remember the punditry but will point to an image of Silva and Dinho and go "see, you deserve it really".

to put it in the casual viewer's mind that we're just as bad and deserve all the challenges we get, whilst being PC and telling the truth in a brief discussion about it. People won't remember the punditry but will point to an image of Silva and Dinho and go "see, you deserve it really".

Probably, yes, but two City players came down with studs on a player, and neither were sent off. One wasn't booked.

Probably, yes, but two City players came down with studs on a player, and neither were sent off. One wasn't booked.

Dinho trod on a player as they were running and said player fell over in his path. Unfortunate, but not even remotely dangerous. Silva was late, caught the players boot and was correctly booked.

Nowhere near the Diaz, KDB and Walker levels of tackle

Dinho trod on a player as they were running and said player fell over in his path. Unfortunate, but not even remotely dangerous. Silva was late, caught the players boot and was correctly booked.

Nowhere near the Diaz, KDB and Walker levels of tackle

I didn't say it was like them - it obviously wasn't.

Ferny was penalised for a foul, and then brought his foot down on the fouled player. Certainly a ban for it would look ridiculous in view of Phillips/McClean, but viewing it through the prism of the WBA assaults makes it look less serious than it might otherwise be viewed.

Well they can ban both of them when they go back and retrospectively ban the 8/10 players who've left leg-breakers on us this season.

Not arguing that the reffing has been, erm, lenient on opponents.
If Madley manages to provoke a ban, then I doubt we'll see him at City again for a year (as per Anthony Taylor after Chelsea)

Was Silva’s foul and subsequent yellow done immediately after he got his injury to his hip/rib? I’m pretty sure he got clattered whilst on the move and was still off balance when he tried to retrieve the loose ball but arrived late as he was knocked off his stride. Does anyone have a clip of the foul by Silva? To say anything about Fern’s none stamp (he didn’t put any weight through his foot) is absolute nonsensical. No intent, no malice whatsoever.

I didn't say it was like them - it obviously wasn't.

Ferny was penalised for a foul, and then brought his foot down on the fouled player. Certainly a ban for it would look ridiculous in view of Phillips/McClean, but viewing it through the prism of the WBA assaults makes it look less serious than it might otherwise be viewed.

Fair enough, the way I read your message I thought you were saying they deserved to be both sent off....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.