United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rest In Peace to all who died at Munich, including fine Manchester journalists and footballers who would have won the World Cup for England in 1958. Nothing that has been said about it since that day diminishes its sadness.
Only decent post on here. Still a sad day regardless that they are our enemy.

Do any of our financial experts have a view on if the US market meltdown will affect the trafford rags?

Shouldn't really I'd guess. Stock was down in line with the market yesterday. The largest holder of the trade-able portion of the share base (the float) is a stable, long-term oriented investor. Obviously the majority of ownership control still in hands of the Glazers. MANU not my sector so these are personal views, not professional ones.

whilst I would tend to agree with you were the roles reversed we would be getting 659m cart loads of shit dumped on us from around the world so whilst on a human level one can respect the memory of all those lost in the crash its hard not to have a cynical edge. Growing up in the 60's and 70's I don't recall much if any fuss made about this. Sure some die hard older fans observed it religiously but the clubs involvement was as minimal as they could get away with.

I think we all agree on that.

Our issue is with exploitation of the victims. The memorial service today has a theme of a club bringing youth through the ranks according to rag sycophant Patrick Barclay. Rather than lamenting on the pain and suffering of the people involved and no acknowledgement of the club's part of compiling their misery.

Last edited by a moderator:
A very sad incident at the time that will effect anyone connected to the individuals today and that goes for anyone connected with all sad incidents that have taken place since. However if you were to ask me, do I ever give any thought to any of these sad events, my answer would be, ‘NOT REALLY’ but that doesn’t mean I don’t have respect for those that do. I can fully understand wanting to pay respect to any event that does effect one and that goes without saying. However, I think the memorials to this event today and years gone by are just a generation for financial gain by the club and media. I’m not wishing to upset anyone and apologise if I have but this is my honest view.

Mourinho is wearing a man U jacket over his hoodie. He looks like a lost mental paitent.

However, I think the memorials to this event today and years gone by are just a generation for financial gain by the club and media. I’m not wishing to upset anyone and apologise if I have but this is my honest view.
I'm in total agreement with this.

The rags have milked this disaster for so long it's like a sick joke now. Every single year they have some kind of ceremonial event that involves fleecing their brain-dead followers of their hard earned. And like the mindless drones they really are, they lap it up. Any old tasteless souvenir crap will do, as long as they pay.
How about commemorative duvet covers depicting moving scenes of the stricken airplane, printed tee shirts with the slogan "Munich '58. Always in Our Thoughts". Or maybe a Chevrolet sponsored football match where a 'rag legend' could play for a couple of minutes for a grotesquely inflated fee...no, wait they wouldn't sink that low.
Or how about selling a load of those plastic bald wigs you can get, like in the joke shops? Then each year the plastic Asian rags can dress up as the combover king and run around saying things like: "Rook at me, evelyone. I'm Lobby Charton"!

A very sad incident at the time that will effect anyone connected to the individuals today and that goes for anyone connected with all sad incidents that have taken place since. However if you were to ask me, do I ever give any thought to any of these sad events, my answer would be, ‘NOT REALLY’ but that doesn’t mean I don’t have respect for those that do. I can fully understand wanting to pay respect to any event that does effect one and that goes without saying. However, I think the memorials to this event today and years gone by are just a generation for financial gain by the club and media. I’m not wishing to upset anyone and apologise if I have but this is my honest view.
I sometimes have a hard time not responding angrily to those who try to deflect what Munich means by talking about how the rags have since exploited it for victim status and profit, because for me all that stuff is outweighed by personal memory. It was a simpler time, 1958, when footballers were local working class lads, and part of the sense of loss is about losing that era's simplicity (along with a lot of bad stuff too, I know.) But, yes, I can also accept that as time passes those who lived through the Munich disaster will be outnumbered (we already are) by those for whom it was just another item on the list of bad things that happened, and one day it might be as remote as the Gresford coal mine explosion or the Peterloo Massacre.

I'm trying to watch the memorial without my blue specs on. It's difficult though. Turned off when the chaplain said "Homegrown player development is still an important part of our ethos today"

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.