Short Break In Paris.

Over priced over rated shit hole full of cunts.

Enjoy :)

Agree. Found Paris horrible. Touts operate around the Metro, the locals don’t seem to like the British, you’ll get pestered by beggars / thieves and it’s too expensive.

London has its moments but I found the French capital underwhelming given such perceived romance. I hope to never go back.

Somewhere like Stockholm is nicer (but just as, if not more, expensive.)

Agree. Found Paris horrible. Touts operate around the Metro, the locals don’t seem to like the British, you’ll get pestered by beggars / thieves and it’s too expensive.

London has its moments but I found the French capital underwhelming given such perceived romance. I hope to never go back.

Somewhere like Stockholm is nicer (but just as, if not more, expensive.)
Absolute bollocks, one of the 3 top cities in the world!!
Did you go or just make it up???

I couldn’t disagree more. What a ridiculous question. Of course I went.

Waxed lyrical about it in the pub after I got back and several drinkers agreed with me having been there for football.

One attempted distraction theft, aggressive beggars, touts at every metro station, aloof locals and disgusting prices.

Top 3?

New York, London, Oslo, Stockholm, Rome, Madrid, Barca, Seattle, Venice, Toronto, Reykjavik...I could continue for ages until Paris joins the list.

There's nothing romantic about over paying for everything whilst being sneered at by the locals.

There are much nicer places in France to visit. With far friendlier people.

Out of curiosity, what are the other 2 cities you have visited? Kabul? Lahore? Mosel?

Top 3?

New York, London, Oslo, Stockholm, Rome, Madrid, Barca, Seattle, Venice, Toronto, Reykjavik...I could continue for ages until Paris joins the list.

There's nothing romantic about over paying for everything whilst being sneered at by the locals.

There are much nicer places in France to visit. With far friendlier people.

Out of curiosity, what are the other 2 cities you have visited? Kabul? Lahore? Mosel?
Well let's say I have visited a lot more places than that little list you posted...
Who asked you anyway?

Amazing city. Yes, it's very expensive and the meat is generally undercooked but there is far too much to see in a short break. Saint Chapelle, Louvre, Paris Garner Opera etc.. As for the French, I have always found them to be polite and hospital. More friendly outside Paris but still fine.

My favourite part of Paris is the northern side, such as Montmartre.

I have stayed in Paris twice in the last few years. I paid £275 per night in one hotel for a small room in a boutique hotel in Le Mote Piquet (sp?), near Ecole Militiaire, which is close to the gardens in front of the Eiffel Tower. If you want to pay lower, stay in the burbs and travel in to the city each day.

I am going to spend a lot of my retirement in France. An incredible country.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.