United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, they're not all mindless drones. Many of their fans were scathing of the AIG logo being plastered over what was otherwise a very classy memorial that they displayed over the front of the stadium in the week leading up to the 50th anniversary match. I also remember reading a post on Red Cafe some years back about the annual service they hold on the Old Trafford forecourt on the anniversary of the disaster. The poster was fuming because somewhat incredibly, they were allowing coach loads of tourists to arrive and mill around at the same time of the service when anyone with a modicum of commonsense would've surely arranged for the touring parties to have been knocked on the head for the duration of the service or at least cordon off where the service was taking place. Then again, that would've probably meant blocking off the entrance to the megastore.
At the 50th anniversary (2008), I received a call from my cousin in Ireland. His local grocer was in a United Supporters Club and had a spare ticket. For the ticket, I had to get him from Liverpool airport in the morning, take him to a memorial service under that clock and drop him back at the airport after the game.
So on the way to the ground we're having the craic, Me bearing in mind that they were one of the best teams in Europe and I would be sat in the middle of them and it could be a right tonking.
So as he talked about thrashing us, I remained quite reserved.
We met the rest of his supp. Club under that clock, the 'memorial' consisted of slagging City, singing anti City songs, the lot.
The seats were the back row of the gods.
The teams both wore commemorative strips, then there was the minutes silence ready for us to lie down for the Red procession.
To be fair he didn't grass me up, but when our 2nd went in, I don't think he appreciated the dead arm.
I gave him loads of grief on the way back to the airport and whenever I go to Ireland, I always call in at his shop, for a pint of milk and to take the piss!

At the 50th anniversary (2008), I received a call from my cousin in Ireland. His local grocer was in a United Supporters Club and had a spare ticket. For the ticket, I had to get him from Liverpool airport in the morning, take him to a memorial service under that clock and drop him back at the airport after the game.
So on the way to the ground we're having the craic, Me bearing in mind that they were one of the best teams in Europe and I would be sat in the middle of them and it could be a right tonking.
So as he talked about thrashing us, I remained quite reserved.
We met the rest of his supp. Club under that clock, the 'memorial' consisted of slagging City, singing anti City songs, the lot.
The seats were the back row of the gods.
The teams both wore commemorative strips, then there was the minutes silence ready for us to lie down for the Red procession.
To be fair he didn't grass me up, but when our 2nd went in, I don't think he appreciated the dead arm.
I gave him loads of grief on the way back to the airport and whenever I go to Ireland, I always call in at his shop, for a pint of milk and to take the piss!
I was so proud of Manchester city that day, the club, the fans, the players. We shown so much respect to the occasion and then thrashed them on the pitch.

Videos going around online now 'United Fans Gather In Munich For Memorial'.

All in some bar in Munich singing songs about City......

Classless twats.
My auntie, a staunch red, is over there. She was on Granada reports before getting interviewed
about it all.
She'll be amongst them I bet as she hates city.
As you say, classless.

I was so proud of Manchester city that day, the club, the fans, the players. We shown so much respect to the occasion and then thrashed them on the pitch.
Me too. The only thing I regret is not picking up a free scarf as I didn't want anything from those &^%$s. I'm a churlish git and regretted it after the game.

There are literally hundreds on eBay at present, type in flowers for Manchester and there they are, all up for the highest bidder. One person started their auction at £999.00 so just to get him/her excited I bid on it knowing I could retract later. I messaged them and asked if there was a buy it now price as I really had to have it. They replied they'll let it run to auction end as expecting around 3 grand. I then retracted my bid and messaged the person asking if they're ok profiting from their tragic past including deaths of many and they replied they didnt give a toss as they made their living as an undertaker anyway so it's normal and it was so long ago what happened. Nice fans them lot.
Just laughing here how you inadvertently accused an undertaker of profiting from death :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.