It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know, but I put myself through one of Guardiola’s press conferences the other week, and he did give the impression that this summer would serve as a chance to win the lottery for many of our loan players. Were I a player’s agent, I would reflect carefully on how Zinchenko has been rewarded for his talent and dedication and caution my client against booking a summer holiday.
Would be great if we could promote some youngsters to the first team

Griezmann could be the easier deal to do, as he has a release clause of €100m next summer. Stiff competition from Barca though, and don’t think he’s as good as Hazard.

Reckon

Griezmann
Lemar
Dybala
Hazard
Pulisic

Are probably the biggest name forwards who’ll be on the move this summer

You’d think we’d end up with one of them if we want a real crack at the CL next year

Its Fred + Mahrez and the books will be closed .. no one will arrive unless someone leaves .. except for the loaned youngsters maybe!

I've put this in one of the player threads but I see us needing a senior squad with the following:
GK x 2
FB x 4
CB x 4
DM x 2
CM x 4
FWD x 5
+ defensive utility + attacking utility = 23 man squad leaving enough room for kids to get game time.

In the summer, I hope we aim for:
Ederson, Gunn
Walker, Maffeo, Mendy, Danilo
Laporte
, Otamendi, Stones, Kompany
Fernandinho
, ???
De Bruyne, Silva, Gundogan, Bernardo
Aguero
, Jesus, Sterling, Sane, ???
+ Delph + Zinchenko

Having Gunn as back up GK allows the new signings (???) to take up non-homegrown slots.

I'd be very happy with quick deals for Fred and Mahrez, then sit back and enjoy the world cup and the drastic price inflation that follows.

Agree with you, Fred and Mahrez inn in the summer. Pluss some ung prospects to loan out etc.

Last edited:
Bring in Fred and Mahrez for £100m. Bring in Maffeo, ship out Danilo who probably wants to leave anyway and that’s that.

Mahrez not going to World Cup which is another major plus for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.