How many points to win the league?

89 points at max now. 6 wins from 11 gets us to 90. Still want 8 wins and the points record but that result means we could lose against Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Everton and the rags and still win the league, even if the rags won every game.

The 'definitive' "How Many Games & Which Game Will We Win The League At?" - UPDATED 2/11
Yes, I'm sticking my neck on the line here, but here goes.

First, this is based on no games being re-arranged (Arse v City could be if we draw against Wigan).
Second, this is based on United being our closest rivals.
Third, this is based on us winning the derby (This bit is important).

Looking at United's fixtures between now and the derby, giving them the benefit of the doubt; Palace(W), West Ham(W), Swansea(W) and then give them 4 points from their home games with Liverpool & Chelsea, This is 69 points by the time they play us (A game which I'm assuming they lose and we win). After the derby there will be 5 games left, 15 points available, giving a possible (but highly unlikely) 84 points for United.

So, City need 85 points by end of play at the derby (IMHO), as the PL will not officially acknowledge us as winners on goal difference, as they will claim United could win all remaining games, we could lose them all and the goal difference could be removed ;)

Looking at our fixtures and possible results (pessimistically), we have Arse(A) 1, Chelsea(H) 3, Stoke(A) 3, Brighton(H) 3, Everton(A) 1, giving us 83 points, plus 3 from the derby = 86 points. This seems a balanced forecast for the next 6 PL games (Inc. the derby).

So, winning the title against them is ON and if they drop any more before the derby then it should be guard of honor time.

Disclaimer : I think I have my math correct ;)

17 needed.

5 wins 2 draws and 4 defeats. Assuming they win every game.

Getting close now.

Am I alone in not being that fussed about getting a guard of honour from them? (which they might not do anyway.) I think it would be miles more fun to win it on the day against them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.