Do you really believe the league is over...?

Do you think we will lose 8 of our last 11 games Dribble?
To be honest mate, I honestly couldn't care less beyond our next match. I don't even look that far down the fixture list & I think this is how Guardiola approaches matches.

If nothing, it's a mentality thing. When you start planning much beyond what you have in front of you, you tend to lose focus on what's right under your nose.

I've no issues with people playing Pythagoras with league table mathematics, but I'd rather look at our season on a game by game basis.

Question: At what point of following seasons do we commence working out how many wins, for the title?

I feel sorry for those who won't accept that it's over. Since the takeover they've won the league twice but both went down to the last day of the season. Now we're finally having "that season" in which everything is clicking and it's so much fun to just sit back and enjoy. There's still plenty of drama left this year but it will come in the cups and in Europe.

Now we're finally having "that season" in which everything is clicking and it's so much fun to just sit back and enjoy.
That's my problem, so many years watching city I voted for a Leicester win yesterday. With mahrez making a return I envisaged a last minute winner. If we were 30 points ahead with 10 to play I would still have squeaky bum syndrome if we lost the next game. Unfortunately for some of us, it's bred into us!

To be honest mate, I honestly couldn't care less beyond our next match. I don't even look that far down the fixture list & I think this is how Guardiola approaches matches.

If nothing, it's a mentality thing. When you start planning much beyond what you have in front of you, you tend to lose focus on what's right under your nose.

I've no issues with people playing Pythagoras with league table mathematics, but I'd rather look at our season on a game by game basis.

Question: At what point of following seasons do we commence working out how many wins, for the title?

If we have the start to the season we’ve had this season I’d imagine it would be around about the same time in the season as this thread started. Guess it would also depend on how the opposition were doing if any of them had managed to keep pace with us or if they were even further behind than what the rags have been so far this year.

One game at a time is a top motto and is why we are where we are now. I’m still spending endless hours working out which ground and game will be the one where it becomes mathematically done!

I’m in the US and I can hear the fat lady singing from here !

I'm in Manchester and she's given me tinnitus, lol.

It's over and we will be crowned champions. It's not arrogance, just reality. It would be sweet if we stuffed united at our place to win the league.

The one issue that does make me smile at the moment, and I'm as guilty as everyone else on here, is thinking united are our nearest challengers. I don't think they are because the way they are dropping points at the moment, they may not even make the top four.

Take your pick out of Liverpool or Spurs to finish second, and they are even further behind us than that shower.

Your assuming that the Rags win those 6 games as well bluekiwi and that is much less likely to happen than us wining our next 6 games.

The reality is if we win 4 more games then the title is over as no side below us now will accrue more than 84 points this season.

in fact I don't believe and am extremely confident that 82 points will be enough this season but being conservative I will say 84.

Manure have to go 9-1-1 to finish on 84 points now and we still win the title on goal difference so in effect they must go 9-2-0.

Liverpool - 10-0-1 or in effect 10-1-0

Chelsea - 11-1-0 or in effect 12-0-0.

Spurs - 11-0-0 as they cannot finish on 84 points.

You look at these numbers Bluekiwi and given that all these sides still have to play each other and its blatantly obvious that 4 wins from our last 11 games and the title is ours.
Now I know why I only passed my GCE Maths exam in the 1950s

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.