FC Basel V Manchester City - Post-Match Thread

But we wouldn't play like that against a better team would we you ninny, you play the team that's in front of you. You do understand that different levels of opposition require different levels of effort? If we were playing Rochdale we'd probably not concentrate quite as hard as if we were playing Barcalona?

I confidently predict that when we reach the next round we'll probably be playing against a better side than Basel, in which case we'll play harder better.

It's like a mental illness. People, we are witnessing the best football any of us have ever seen, for fuck sake enjoy it...it's like complaining about a lottery win because it wasn't a fucking rollover.

I didn't say we would play like that you ninny. I said if we would did we would be out. I swear some people are unable to read.

I must have dozed off last I remember we were winning 4 0 away from home in the CL with kompany Delph getting some minutes in their legs and Sane coming back from injury, what went wrong?

Who was moaning about that?

Or were many of us rightly saying Pep would not be happy with the sloppiness being displayed when we were trying to close out the game. Sloppiness that would have been punished by better sides, leaving the second leg a much more contentious affair. It had nothing to do with were we “giving everything” and everything to do with the right (Pep) way of closing out a match.

We were clinical, and I’m very happy with the result, but only the most diluted among us would think we were at our best, especially in the last 30 minutes, when we could have conceded two goals at least.

Boggles the mind how people think elite managers and players are perfectly happy with playing poorly as long as they are winning in that moment. You think Pep is happy with that last period of the match? Do you think Sane was? Delph? Kompany? No, they’ll enjoy the win for about 4 hours, go to sleep, and then wake up thinking about the match—with special focus on the last third hour—and how they can improve on their performances and further cut out the errors/bad decisions.

As I said to you on the match day thread when you called me and @stan bowles idiots: this is why they are elite managers and players and you are posting on a forum.

Well, I hope I'm not being 'diluted' when I suggest that you're talking absolute tripe. Levels of concentration dip when the game is won, to continue giving 100% would be physically and mentally draining. Do you think Usain Bolt gave the same 100% effort in heats as he did in the final? Of course not, he eased up when the race was won.

Never want to wake up from this.
I'll have a word...........
3zmohQiQ64GzcdcAb8odpWqMg3m.jpg

Great result; apart from gifting them 3 goals, being woeful in defence, being sloppy, playing poorly, not playing well enough to have beaten Real, Barca, PSG, Bayern, etc, blah fucking blah...

A professional deconstruction of a decent European team. No injuries & good to see Silva, Delph, Kompany & Sane back.

A special mention to Bernardo. Like his namesake Silva, it's taken him time to adjust to a new team, country & way of playing, but he's now starting to look the bollocks.

It's been a good day for us.

That's rather ironic coming from you. Instead of juvenile meaningless barbs, why not engage your brain and come up with a counter argument if you disagree with a reasoned

The remark you quoted is pointless in isolation because the context of it was in relation to our defence playing against the better teams in the competition and you chose to point score by quoting it in isolation.

Are you hard of thinking ?

What part of we played a less that full strength side tonight because we could do and still won 4-0 do you not get?

What part of we wouldn't play that side nor take our foot off the gas like we could do tonight against say Barca dont you get?

Hard of thinking? if the cap fits.

Professional outfit now. Always used to think Barca and Bayern always looked like winning against any side that wasn’t a top side and we are well on our way to getting there. The odd blip, sure, but as an exception to the rule.

The gif was in response to his "we gifted them 3 goals" quip but carry on feeling sorry for him lol
And I was responding about his and others’ larger point about closing out games better than we did. But ok, back to tribal happy clapping before we’re put in our place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.