UEFA seeding swizz

The problem is that UEFA is run by that handful of cheating ****s.
Yes, I suppose you're right. Platini had the chance to try and take control of the situation. The spineless bastard bottled it, gave into whatever they asked and you're right they now pretty much run the show.

I know this is old news to many but it's been swept under the carpet a bit by the media with the obvious exception of Martin Samuel who can see FFP and the constant attempts to preserve the old guard for what it is.

UEFA, since the formation of the CL, has seeded teams based on results in Europe by the clubs plus a small amount relating to how strong the league in which they played was. The period they use is the last 5 seasons. The current rankings are here;

https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method5/trank2018.html

We are 8th while United are 11th. Not happy that teams were passing them in the rankings the old guard put pressure on UEFA to alter the method so that historical success back to 1955 (albeit weighted) was factored in. The method is here;

https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/calc.html

This means that the new rankings look like this;

https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method5/trank10-2018.html

We are now 14th while United are 4th and these are the ones that will be used for seeding going forward.

Just another way a small number of teams, particularly Real Madrid, Bayern and United in my opinion are trying to secure their financial future whether they can compete in the current climate or not.
Just another reason why we should always boo that anthem louder and louder every year

Yes, I suppose you're right. Platini had the chance to try and take control of the situation. The spineless bastard bottled it, gave into whatever they asked and you're right they now pretty much run the show.
They always did really, he, like Trump in America, is just the face of it al when the real ones running things are in the background.

They always did really, he, like Trump in America, is just the face of it al when the real ones running things are in the background.
I'm sure they always massively influenced things but I honestly believe that not that long ago UEFA could have taken control. Platini himself admitted that they didn't want FFP to go the way it did and that they only went along with it because those clubs threatened to start their own tournament. Maybe I'm wrong but IMO it was still totally feasible at that point for Platini to make FFP what he wanted and not give in to those clubs but they shat it and it was effectively the tipping point. Then they gave Gill a job at the top and gave away all their power for the fear of losing revenue.

uefa seedings mean nothing unless you have a good team and manager that can take you to the top 4 or europa league winners. but watching madrid last night once your in the champions league and one of the so called big clubs your laughing. they get all the calls in games and soft pens free kicks and just about everything else and just like the tesco advert every little helps

manchester city have a hard enough time trying to winning the premier league we get nothing and every point has to be won and the officials make it harder when missing clear cut dirty tackles that could be leg breakers and yellow cards give them a way out just like last season with the red cards being waved about. i think the total games players missed was about 35 games and we are not a dirty side in any way shape or form we play football and have the most ball percentage in games ????

so when it comes to champions league football what chances have we really got. madrid barca united bayern have it cut up between them and over 2 legs they well get the calls needed to get through. if they need a goal they get a pen. if the other team is on top they get a player sent off. just about all the calls will be in there favour

when the uefa board members are made up of the officials from the so called big 4 its say it all really and if a change is needed because manchester city are getting close you bet a meeting is called and top of the agenda is mission to stop city. its so bent i laugh out loud but its not funny and rules are being bent its so clear to see am close to tears. my biggest fear this season is getting to the final and getting done over. will uefa lets us think they are on our side right up to the final and then show there ugly faces

If we're in the happy position of winning the PL for the next 3 years then you can bet your bottom dollar that the system of seeding/pots will change.

"Most CL appearances would be a fair way to seed it" said a Mr Gill from Manchester...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.